Chapter 7

"He's my brother, you jackass!!" Jade spat at Vincent, her canines showing out the side of her mouth. "I'm not saying that he isn't Jade, he's just suspicious, I mean he's just be wondering around the woods the whole time, doing god knows what!" He spat back, his eyes turning black. "Vincent, you need to calm down!" I spat, jumping up from my seat and walking towards their argument. "Me? Me! Andrew could be trying to kill us for all we know and now I'm the bad guy!" He growled and punched the wall near him, leaving a dent. I ran my hand through my hair, he's been like this ever since Andrew arrived. Last night, he paced the bedroom for hours, muttering under his breath. "I'm not going to fight with you Vincent, I know you don't trust Andrew, but he needs a place to stay and it's dangerous out there you know that." I said calmly, trying to get him to listen to reasoning. "Plus he's my brother, and I won't let him get eaten just because your being an ass!" She spatted the last word and he snapped around growling and taking steps towards her. I stepped in front of her blocking his view, "Vincent, don't you dare!" I spat, his eyes were black and he looked as if he was about to rip her apart. He stopped and ran his finger in his hair. "If he causes any harm, I'll snap his neck!" He spat and walked away. "You son of a Bitch, you touch him and I'll kill your ass before you can call your Fucking friends for help!" She spat at him as he walked away. She turned and walked to the kitchen grabbing a slender bottle out of the fridge. "Want some?" She asked as she grabbed a cup and poured the contents into it. "Are you sure you should be drinking that? You know how you get and you don't get pretty that's for sure." I said sitting down on the tan leather couch in the center of the living room. She came over and sat next to me, the smell of liquor fuming out of her cup. The smell was intoxicating, but I resisted the urge. "Your suspicious too, aren't ya?" She asked breaking the slience. I looked at her and looked at the ground. I listened as she got up and left. Ugh today, sucks!! I leaned back on the couch and closed my eyes. All this is because of Andrew and he isn't even here. I stood up and walked upstairs to our room, and into the bathroom. Once I enter the medium sized room, I closed the door, undressed, and turned on the shower. The cold water felt good on my skin, as it fell on my neck, back, and face. I sat down on the shower floor and allowed the water to continue falling on my head. After my shower, I dressed in a tight black tanktop and loose shorts and looked at myself in the bathroom mirror. "How long is this thing going to go on" I said to myself, propping my elbow on the counter as it held my forehead. I heard a click as the bedroom door opened.

Vincent's P.O.V.
Jade's words made more of my anger come to the surface. Her brother is going to get us all killed and Lucy. Hell....Lucy, she fucking stood up for the bitch. I was over at Austin's, who was giving me all the information that he had collected about Andrew, which was absolutely nothing. " I'm sorry Vincent, there's nothing, I mean he has been presumed dead all this time." He walked back over to Gwen, who had her arms crossed over her chest. "I can't believe you Vincy." She finally said under her breath. I hated when she called me that, it was what she use to call me when we were younger, even though I was a year older than her. "What Gwen." I said and shot her a glare. She looked at me and then stood up and left the room. "Vincent, what if your wrong about him?" Austin had moved in front of me and had laid on his back on the dark red couch. He was staring up at the ceiling and messing with a golden band ring on his index finger. "I'm not accusing him yet, just something is just not right." I said standing up and walking towards the large window that was positioned near the front door. I looked over my shoulder to see him staring at me. "What?" I said, and he turned away smiling. "Oh nothing." He said as he stood up. "You care about her don't you?" He walked over near me and looked out the window. "Oh come on Vincent, you keep trying to hide your feelings, keep trying to suppress them, but they aren't gonna go away." He said and sat on the back of the couch. "If you keep pushing her away, you'll never prove yourself to her, I mean you were a bastard the first time you met her and you just tried to kill her best friend, yet she's still so patient with you." I looked at him and he rolled his eyes. "What if I can't protect her Austin? What if I lose her?" I turned back towards the window. Hell if I lost her, I wouldn't  be able to live. The way she smiles and her laughter...damn she's perfect. "Vincent... Vincent?" I was pulled out of my thoughts by Austin who was still sitting on the back of the dark red couch. "I'm sure that you can protect her and that she can protect herself, and the only way in hell you'll ever lose her is if you reject her." He said still messing with the ring on his finger. "I care about her Austin, but you know how I am, I'll hurt her, and then she'll be afraid of me, she'll reject me." I said, staring out the window as the new patrol takes their spots, as the others leave for the town. "Oh god, Vincent, are you still a pup, be a man and go talk to her, ya wuss!" He groaned and walked over to the front door opening it. "You two need to talk, because obviously both of you are acting like pups who lost their tails." He said motioning towards the door. I rolled my eyes and walked out the door, "Thanks for the horrible pep talk man!" I shouted out. I heard him laugh, "Anytime old friend!" He shouted back. I laughed and walked back towards the pack house.