Chapter 4

"Ms. Tahoe....Ms. Tahoe?" My teacher was standing over me, her foot tapping extremely loud. "Yes, Mrs. Diana?" I said, still staring through the window at the dying magnolia tree. He almost kissed me, and I almost let him, what is wrong with me? "Ms. Tahoe!!" She snapped at me and I turned to face her angry face. "Ms. Tahoe, I hope you weren't planning anything important, cause you'll be spending the rest of the day in detention." She said, placing her wrinkled hands on her hips. She turned on her heels and headed back to the board, writing several names that have something to do with history. I rolled my eyes and they landed on Gwen. I forgot that she sat next to me in this class. "Something on your mind Lucy?" She asked, her lips forming a faint smile. I sighed and shook my head, and then looked back through the window at the beautiful tree standing in the center, and it made me miss the strong, stubborn man that had just tried to kiss me, even more.

"Welcome to detention, delinquents!" Mr. Barton said, writing a list of rules on the giant blackboard in front of us. Although there was only three of us, this school preferred to always have us in the biggest classroom. I had chosen my sit next to the window and was listening to the rain hit the window. Another kid, a boy, probably a year older than me, sat at the front throwing paper balls into the small plastic trashcan at the front of the room. Gwen was also in detention, and that was mostly my fault, but yet when I looked over she gave me a huge grin. When Mr. Barton stepped out to grab something from the printer, she ran over to where I was and sat down. "What's wrong Lucy? It's like you've been ignoring me all day and I can't stand it. Was it Vincent? What did he do? I'll kill that Bitch for it, I swear!" She said, giving a low growl and showing some of her canines out of the corner of her mouth. I laughed and almost fell out of my desk, she joined me and we began to talk about the events of the day and different things that we had in common. "Hey Lucy, how would you like to stop by the pack house this weekend and we could hangout?" She asked, looking at me with pleading eyes and batting her eyelashes. I chuckled and nodded my head, it would be nice to hangout with someone other than Jade, who probably would drag me to go shopping for girly products now that she knows that I have a mate. When the timer went off, telling us that we could leave, I grabbed my stuff and headed for the door. I pulled out my phone that had six different messages from Jade, three of which where she called me a bitch. I ran my hand through my hair and relaxed when I finally felt the cool rain on my face. "Lucy Tahoe, your gonna get sick!" I turned around to see Gwen with her hands on her hips. I smiled, "I'll be fine, Gwen, I should get to walking though or Jade is gonna kill me." I said and I began to walk away, but she grabbed my arm. "I'm not letting you walk in the rain, Vincent is coming I'm sure he'll give you a ride home." She grinned from ear to ear as I protested and tried to pull away. "Oh just stop trying Lucy!" She groaned. "Never!!" I shouted at the top of my lungs. We both began to laugh at looking at ourselves drenched in water, finally a red Jeep showed up with Vincent in the driver seat.

"Finally you come, big bro!" Gwen yelled as she climbed into the backseat and tapped her finger for me to sit in the front. I checked my phone and then I jumped into the passenger seat. "Sooooo, where the hell were you Vincent!!" Gwen growled as she stuck her head up front from the backseat. "I got busy, don't worry about it." He said and gripped the steering wheel tighter. I looked at how he fidgeted and how every second he scratched his neck. When we got to me and Jade's apartment, he stepped out also, locking the car fast as Gwen tried to get out. I couldn't help but chuckle as I walked up to my door. "Lucy?" I turned around and ran flat into his chest. "Crap, I'm so—." His lips were pressed against mine and his arms were wrapped around my waist. My hands still placed on his chest slowly moved upwards around his neck and I felt him smile against my lips. He pulled away a little and looked at me, then placed his forehead on mine. "I'm sorry, Lucy." He whispered and placed a kiss on my forehead. I smirked and then grabbed the collar of his black shirt and pulled him to me. "Oh you will be sorry, if you ever call me Rogue again." I smirked and then playfully slapped him in his chest. My wolf playfully snickered happy to finally see that me and my mate were getting along, and I smiled as he rolled his eyes. "I guess I'll be seeing you this weekend since I'm guessing Gwen invited you to the pack house." He threw a glance at Gwen, who stuck her tongue out at him, and I giggled when he gave her one back. "I'm guessing she mind linked you."I said and turned to open the door to my apartment. "You know what mind link is?" I turned around and glared at him. "Of course, I do, I use to be in a pack, Vincent!" I said and then opened my door, to a glaring Jade. "Where the hell have you b–!" She stopped when she noticed Vincent, who was nervously rubbing the back of his neck. "Well well well, you must be–" "Bye Vincent!" I said and ran inside and slammed the door. Jade looked at me and narrowed her eyes. "You are in so much trouble Lucy Scarlett Tahoe!" I gave her a sweet smile then rushed pass her while she chased me upstairs.