Chapter 8

"Vincent." I whispered, kissing his nose. His lips formed a small smile and his hands moved to my back, pushing me closer. "What Lucy." He mumbled, his eyes still shut. "Vincent, it's 9 in the morning." I whispered and tried to pry his hands off my back. He gave a smile laugh, "Just a few more minutes Lucy." He groaned and then rolled on his back, pulling me on top. I felt his heartbeat, and I grinned against his chest. "VINCENT!!" He sat up, still holding on to me. "I told you we should get up." I smirked and poked his chest. I jumped out of the bed and pulled a pair of denim shorts, a black tee shirt, and some black converses. I walked downstairs and saw Jade sitting at the kitchen counter with sunglasses. She jumped up when she saw me. "Lucy." She came up to me and lifted up the sunglasses. Her eyes were a faded red with dark bags below them. "Lucy, please I'm sorry for what I said yesterday, it was wrong." She pleaded, grabbing my arm as I walked away. "You haven't told him, have you?" She asked pulling down her sunglasses. I looked at her and then down at the counter. "Lucy, your gonna have to tell him about the scars sooner or later." "What scars?" Vincent was standing on the bottom stair glaring at us. I slid from my seat and ran out of the back door as it was being opened. "Lucy?!?!" Gwen looked at me as I shifted and ran through the clearing and farther into the woods. Not now, this isn't the right time, I'm not ready!

I shifted back, landing on hard rocks. I spotted the lake near me and dived in, the cold water burning the cuts on my knees and arms. I came up for air and crossed my arms on the rocks placing my head into them. I then felt something grab my arm and I pulled away to see Vincent. "You followed me!" I spat and grabbed the rocky edge again to cover my complete naked body underneath the surface. He looked down and then back at my face. "You ran, what else was I supposed to do?" He sat down on the rocky edge, his bare feet and the edge of his jeans touching the water. I rolled my eyes and pulled my body closer to the rocks. He huffed and then ran his finger through his hair. "What scars Lucy?" He asked looking down at me, his black hair falling into his eyes. I sighed, he had to know sooner or later, "Give me your shirt and I'll show you." He pulled off his shirt and placed it on the edge. I climbed out of the water, paying no attention to his wondering eyes. "Damn." I blushed at his words and fired back. "Like what you see?" He smirked and gave a small laugh. "Most definitely." We both laughed and I pulled down his shirt over my head. It fell to my knees and I was glad it did since this is what I would have to wear back. I sat down next to him, my knees pulled up to my chest. "Soo your scars?" Who hurt you? I'll kill em!" A low growl escaping him. I gave a small laugh and then lifted up the shirt halfway. On my left leg, six scars were seen scratched across my upper thigh. He placed one hand on my right hip and carefully traced the scars with his other hand. "They came from a whip made of leather, Jade has some too. We got them for being disobedient at a certain job we use to have." I remembered every time they hit us and called our names. "Tahoe, Maya, Sanchez, Daren to the wall NOW!!" We walked to the wall, our backs plastered against it. We lifted up our arms and they hooked the clamps around our wrists and ankles.
A scrawny man came out of a doorway dragging a medium sized leather whip, black with the hint of red, blood. "Don't you know how to follow directions you bastards!" The man spat, he swung the whip back and then slashed it against my thigh. The tongs on the end leaving two gashes. I screamed out in pain, but that earned me two more gashes. "Screaming makes it worse princess!" He spat as he gripped my face.

"Lucy?.....Lucy." I turned to face Vincent, who had gripped my hand and now holding it tightly. I leaned my head against his shoulder and he placed a hand on my waist pulling me closer.  I placed a kiss on his cheeks and he looked down at me. His lips pressed against my neck and I knew what he was planning on doing, so I leaned my neck giving him more access. He ran his canines down the side of my neck until he reached the fleshy part near my collar bone, and bit into the flesh. The pain was agonizing, but soon it disappeared like nothing happened. I turned and placed a hand to his cheek, and planted a kiss on his blood tainted lips. He smiled and spoke against my lips. "Your mine now, no one else's, just mine. My heart skipped a beat and I could feel my wolf howling and buzzing inside me. He stood up and held out a hand. "We should get back, it's late, Jade will be looking for you." I grabbed his and and he snatched me up, holding me close to him. "You're mine now Lucy Tahoe!" He shouted and I laughed, my face turned red at the fact that everyone probably was awake due to Vincent. "Shhh." I whispered putting my finger to my lips. "What?" He snickered, " I'm the Alpha, the boss, the leader." He crossed his arms and stuck out his chin. "Yea, you keep thinking that." I sprinted, and felt him close behind. "I'm going get you for that Lucy!" He yelled behind me as we headed towards the pack house. I flew through the door and bolted upstairs, locking the door behind me. I walked to the closet and put on a bra, underwear, and a pair of light shorts. A hard knock sounded at the door along with heavy breathing. "You're *pant* pretty *pant* fast*." I laughed opening the door. He walked in and picked me up. "Tomorrow, me and you." He said, pointing at himself and then at me. "Where we going?" I asked tilting my head to the side and watched him smile. "It's a surprise my love." He set me down and kissed me on the forehead. "For now, some rest will do." We climbed into the soft bed, me pressed against his chest with his strong, familiar arms surrounding me. "Goodnight Lucy." He whispered as he pulled me closer. "Night Vincent." I smiled against his chest.