the truth comes out

CCs POV

I listened to her crying, it was hard but I couldn’t believe her, how could she have been so stupid. I waited wishing that I could go to sleep or something, but I couldn’t stop worrying, after a while it stopped, I breathed out, but then I was struck with fear, what if she’d stopped because she was no longer able to speak, I knew how weak she was, she had stumbled on her way to the bathroom, I got up and walked over to the bathroom, I opened the door and stepped inside, I saw her eyes close as she called out one last time, I quickly called Jonathan and the others and told them to get back on the bus, I knew that they would have been waiting for my call but they didn’t expect me to sound so urgent, “okay dude we’ll be there in a sec” said Jonathan already I herd them running down the other end of the phone. I had figured that the sickness would have gone by now, but it hadn’t. Maybe she had some sort of disease, I was terrified at this point, I lent down and felt her mouth, she was breathing, but only slowly and it was weak, we had to get her to a hospital quick.

India’s POV

I woke up in a white room, I didn’t know where I was, I pulled at the tubes that were stuck to the crook in my elbow before a hand stopped me, pinning both hands on the bed at my sides, I winced in pain as he pressed down my wrist, “oh sorry” he said, I looked at his face, he didn’t look angry anymore, but I new that I owed him and apology, I had acted like a child an I felt like an idiot, “sorry” I said turning my head away from him, “why?” he asked simple, I thought about it, I decided to tell him, it was going to hurt but it would be fine “well,” I paused trying to think of a good way to say it “when I was 6 my mother died, I loved her and when she left I didn’t have anywhere to go, I was given to my brother, he worked in a gang, and had enough money to keep me alive, until one of his deals went wrong, the gang were cruel, they told him ‘her life or yours’ I didn’t want to think about what they would do to me but my brother gave them me, they killed him anyway but now I belonged to them, I was 10 at this point, I lived with the gang since then and I was made to help them, to … I don’t want to talk about what else, but I couldn’t take, it as soon as I turned 18 I ran away, but I went outside and one of them caught, me begging for money on the street, they weren’t happy, so I ran away the next year, I covered my face and took the road out, only I didn’t bring any water or food and I collapsed after a while, then you turned up” a single tear fell down my face and I looked away again, “okay” said CC, I waited for him to shout at me but he didn’t, I smiled weakly at him then asked “where am I?” “the hospital, you passed out this morning so I got the guys to come back and we drove to the hospital, we’re not in Mexico anymore, so you don’t have to worry about that gang anymore, and your going to be better in 24 hours or so, you’ve had food poisoning and your cut was infected, I didn’t tell the guys, but I had to tell the doctor about well… you know, and I also told him that I was your brother, he wouldn’t let me in If I wasn’t”, I breathed out, I was safe, I winced in pain and then closed my eyes I was so exhausted, I head CC humming at the side of the bed, I smiled softly and drifted off.

I woke again still in the room, a nurse with a kind face was tapping my shoulder, “time to get up sweet thing, your brother and his friends will take you home as soon as you get dressed, your friend gave me some of your clothes,” she handed me a t-shirt and jeans and shoes as well as a scarf and a zip-up hoodie, I got up, now freed from the tubes and went to the bathroom, I changed and put my hair up in a high pony tail, as much as I loved it, it looked a state, the ends fraying and loose strands sticking out at odd angles, I breathed, washed my face and walked out, the nurse instructed me to follow her and I walked out of the room, down some stairs and out into a waiting room, the boys were all laughing at CC who was looking embarrassed but the boys all stopped laughing when I walked in and they all ran over and hugged, me, I smiled, I felt like I had known them forever, not just a few days, “we will take it from here” said Andy to the nurse, I walked out with Andy’s arm around me and we boarded the bus I sat down at the sofa, while the boys took up a conversation “okay so we can still make it to the venue but its going to be cutting it short” said Jinxx with a sideways glance at me, I blushed, clearly I was the reason that they were late, Jonathan was already behind the wheel and I leaned into the sofa as the bus took of, “how do you like your new clothes?” Juliet said sitting down beside me “um” I said looking down at myself, I was wearing red converse up to my calf, washed out jeans with holes in the knee and a black top with, I laughed, all of the boys faces on it, my hoodie was grey and the scarf was white with wisps of black and red woven into the cotton, “its nice, its just,” I paused, Juliets face fell “I just feel like this is too much,” juliet laughed and said she was honoured, I smiled at her, and we talked about how weird the boys were, then juliet leaned in and whispered in my ear “I got you that top ‘cos I thought CC might like to see you in it” I blushed, what was she talking about, I looked up and saw CC looking at me, I blushed again and excused myself to go to the bathroom, I sat down on the edge of the bath and breathed, what, why had I blushed, that was insane, how could I have a crush on CC I barely new him, but said the logical side of my brain, he has been very nice to you ,and he did save you life, no, I was determined not to fall for him, but I had the feeling that I already had.