A new life (a blackveilbrides fanfic)

Third person POV

The tour bus sped along a long highway, bordered on each side by a vast dessert. They were making they’re way to Mexico to do a concert, with warped tour, the heat was enough to kill you and the boys were about ready to dive into a cold bath, if had they had one. There were no other vehicles on the highway, not a single human in sight; the road seemed to stretch on for miles.

“How long?” said Ashley, leaning over the passenger seat to talk with the bus driver, Jonathan.

“’bout 2 hours, sorry” he said apologetically, at his words Ashley fell onto the couch and whined.

“Drama queen” muttered Andy as he passed to sit in the unoccupied passenger seat, jinx and Jake where asleep in there bunks at the back of the bus; CC was applying his make-up “for practise”.

Another hour went by without anything changing, it wasn’t until Andy saw the faint silhouette of a city bored the horizon that he screamed “guys look, look we’re here!”, the rest of the band clearly didn’t share Andy’s enthusiasm, although, they were happy to see the city, it meant cold showers and lots of water. The bus had a fridge and a shower, but the fridge was no more than a slightly cold box and the shower couldn’t be used while driving. Still it would take another hour or so to finally reach the city, then another 40 minutes to get to the venue.

Andy had been looking along the road toward the city when something caught his eye, a shape crumpled at the side of the road, no more that 100 yards away, “slow down” Andy said to the driver, placing his hand on the mans shoulder to get his attention. The man did as told and pulled over, 20ft from the shape. They band members were confused, “what’s going on, we’re no where near the venue” said Ashley wide eyed, Jake, jinx and CC all came in and looked, puzzled, at Andy.

“Look, on the road” he said and pointed with his index finger at the seemingly inanimate object at the side of the road, half buried sand. “c’mon, let’s check it out” he said, exiting the bus. His band members followed silently, still unsure about what the object was.

CC’s POV

I stepped carefully towards the thing, Andy and the rest stayed back, it shuddered slightly, there was no wind and the shape of the thing was taking form, realising what it was I ran forward, hearing the others do the same behind me. As I approached it was obviously a girl, with long hair that flowed down around to her waist, her body curled up in the foetus position, I took another few steps and bent down, she was wrapped in a black plastic sheet and her eyes were closed, her face pale and thin.

I took her head under one arm and her legs with the other, she was incredibly light, I turned to see the boys looking at me with shock and confusion playing with their expressions but Andy nodded his head and I carried her into the bus.