Chapter 16

Howdy! So, another short chapter. I'm sorry! This is probably the most short chapters I've ever done before. But you know what? If it helps make this story longer, that's perfectly fine with me! So I would like to dedicate this chapter to XxLukaMGxX! Love you XxLukaMGxX! Love you guys! Enjoy the chapter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

POV: Natsu

"How do you think Lucy handled being in that cage last night?" Happy asked me as we walked to the Guild. Well I walked while Happy flew.

"I don't know, we'll have to wait and see." I said. After a few minutes we reached the Guild an we headed towards the bar.

"Hey Mira." We said as I sat down.

"Hey guys." Mira said as she set a plate of food in front of me, and gave Happy fish.

"How's Lucy?" I asked as I started eating.

"I don't know, I haven't gone to check on her yet." Mira said. "It's still kind of early, and I know she's a morning person, but I figured I let her sleep a little before going and bugging her. She's had a rough few days."

"Yeah." I agreed, and kept eating. Then someone sat a seat over from me and when I looked it felt like my skeleton was about to run away from my body. A short person with blue hair, had sat next to me, it's hair was a mess and it looked like crap. I was about to ask who it was, when a some what familiar scent filled my nose. "Levy?"

"Yeah?" She answered as she looked at me.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, just tired." She said. "I was up all night going through the Fairy Tale section. Why does it have to be so big? Is it because this is the Fairy Tail Guild and someone thought it would be funny to pack it full of Fairy Tales, myths, and legends? I don't understand, is that supposed to be funny?" Levy sighed as she placed her forehead on the bar counter. "Mira, can I have some coffee?"

"Yeah sure, coming right ahh-!" Mira said as she turned around and then screamed. "Levy?"

"Yeah." She said.

"You look awful." Mira said.

"I know, now can I have some coffee?" She asked again.

"I don't think a cup is going to be enough for you. More like a nap." Mira said.

"Exactly, lots of sugar and cream please." Levy said and tried to smile.

"Yeah, sure." Mira said and went back into the kitchen.

"So have you found anything?" Happy asked.

"Does it look like I found anything?" She looked at Happy and he hid behind my arm.

"She's almost as scary as Erza." Happy said.

"Sorry Happy." Levy said as Mira came out of the kitchen.

"Hey Natsu will you go see if Lucy's up?" She asked as she placed a cup of coffee in front of Levy, but it looked more like milk than coffee, and then she handed me a key.

"Yeah sure." I said and hopped off the bar stool and headed towards the basement. I opened the door and walked down the stairs, and when I rounded the corner I saw Lucy standing in the cell and was placing a shirt over her head. When she had it on she froze.

"Natsu how long have you been standing there?" Lucy asked.

"Not long, I just got here." I said and walked over to the cell door.

"How much did you see?" She asked me.

"Of what?" I asked her and I unlocked the door and let her out.

"Of course you wouldn't know what that meant." She whispered.

"How did you know I was here?" I asked.

"I could smell you." She said.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yeah, now that it's been a while I think I'm getting some special abilities." She said and we walked up the stairs.

"Really?" I asked. "Like what?"

"Well I got extra strength and now I have better hearing and smell." Lucy said. I nodded and we went up to the Guild Hall.

"Hey Lucy." Levy said, and Lucy screamed little, as she backed up. But then she sniffed the air she relaxed.

"Levy?" Lucy asked.

"Do I really look that bad?" Levy asked as she took a drink from her "coffee".

"Yeah." Me and Lucy said together.

"Levy why does that smell like milk with sugar?" Lucy asked as she pointed at the cup in Levy's hand.

"Because I had a hard night last night." Levy said and went back into the Library.

"Wait was she in there all night?" Lucy asked me.

"Yeah." I said.

"Looks like I owe her, big time." Lucy said and we walked over to the bar.

"Hey Lucy." Mira said as she placed a plate of food in front of Lucy. "How was your night last night?"

"It went good, I guess." Lucy said and seem a little sad.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Well I stayed in control last night." Lucy said. "But I felt it fighting against me, and it kept talking to me."

"What did it say?" Happy asked.

"It kept saying that it's only a matter of time till it happened, unless I gave in." Lucy said as she played a little with her food.

"A matter of time till what happens?" Mira asked.

"Death." Lucy said.

"Who's death?" I asked, she looked at me with tears about to fall from her eyes.

"Mine, along with everyone else."