Chapter 15

Hello! And look at that, a new chapter! How exciting! And this one is a little short, but oh well. I seriously have nothing to say, I've been updating more than I usually do. And now that I'm on winter break I have already uploaded like 3 chapters and this is making it the 4th. So yeah, I've told you as much that is going on recently. So since I have nothing else to say I would like to dedicate this chapter to lostinthemoments! She is a new follower! Yay! I love new followers! And I just thought of an announcement to say, I will not be listing all of what you guys are doing. So if you're a follower and you're also voting and commenting and stuff I will not be saying that, because it's hard for me to keep track of it. So I'm just going to be dedicating down the list, of people that are following me. Sorry if you're voting or commenting and I don't dedicate you. It's just honestly easier on me, and it'll help me update quicker. So, love you lostinthemoments! Love you guys! Enjoy the chapter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

POV: Natsu

I sat at a table with everyone as we waited for Lucy to get back. There was only about an hour until sundown, and we were getting worried that she wasn't going to be back in time.

"So Levy still hasn't found anything?" Gray asked Mira as she walked over.

"No, and when I asked if she wanted any help and she said no." Mira said as she sat down. "I thought she was going to throw a book at me."

"That's Shrimp for ya." Gajeel said and leaned back in the chair.

"What about any of the nearby Guilds? Have they found anything?" Mira asked.

"They haven't contacted back yet." Juvia said.

"That doesn't mean they won't." Gray said, and it was quiet for a long while.

"Maybe someone should go see if Lucy's okay." Happy said and we all looked at him. "She still hasn't come back and there isn't much time left until sundown."

"Maybe, she just fell asleep?" Gajeel suggested.

"Natsu go get her." Erza said.

"Wait, why me?' I asked, as I stood up.

"Because I said so." She said and gave me an evil glare, and I took a deep breath.

"Fine." I said, and stood up.

"Hurry back!" Erza demanded. I walked out of the Guild and towards Lucy's apartment. When I got there I walked over to the side of the building and jumped up to the window.

"Luce, did you lose track of time?" I asked as I opened the window and looked around, but I didn't see her. "Lucy?" I looked around in all the rooms but she wasn't anywhere in the apartment.

'Where did she go?'

I jumped out the window and walked to the front building and stood on her front steps, I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Then after a minute I caught a whiff of her scent. I opened my eyes and followed the scent towards the Guild. After a few minute the scent went away from the path towards the Guild and headed towards the park. I looked around and didn't see any sign of her.

"Natsu?" Someone asked. I turned to see Lucy was sitting on a bench and was staring at me.

"There you are, it's almost sundown." I told her, as I sat down next to her.

"Yeah I know, I just wanted to sit and have some quiet time for a little while. Try and clear my head." She said. "It's been a hectic few days." 

"Yeah, hopefully it'll be calming down soon." I said, and it was quiet for a little while.

"Natsu?" Lucy said as she stared at the sun. "Do you think there really is a cure?"

"I don't know." I said. "Levy went back in the Library to do more research and we contacted the other Guilds for help. So far no one has found anything."

"Gee, thanks." She said.

"That doesn't mean that there isn't one." I told her. "And if there is, we'll find it."

"How do you know?" She asked and looked at me with tears flowing down her cheeks.

"I don't." I said honestly, and she tried to hold in her sobs, but it didn't work. I scooted closer to her and wrapped my arm around her shoulders, she put her head on my shoulder and cried. "But I know that I'm going to do whatever I have to do to help you."

"Thank you." She said into my shoulder and then lifted her head off my shoulder and wiped her eyes. "We should probably get to the Guild."

"Yeah." I said and we stood up. Lucy grabbed her bag that she had next to her and we walked to the Guild in silence.

"There you are!" Mira yelled as she spotted us walking towards the Guild and ran to meet us at the door. "It's almost sunset, come on." Mira said and grabbed Lucy's hand and dragged her down the stairs into the basement, where everyone was waiting.

"Lucy you don't have to do this." Gramps said as he opened a door to a cell.

"Yes I do." She said and stepped into it, and sat down on the ground facing away from us. "Is it alright if I don't have an audience?"

"She's right, we have no right to watch her like this." Erza said and walked up the stairs as did everyone else, except me.

"Are you going to be okay?" I asked her stepping closer to the cage.

"Only if this works." She said and turned her head to look at me and gave me a smile. I smiled back and walked up the stairs.

"I'll see you in the morning." I said and I started closing the door.

"We'll see." She said as I shut the door.