Percy XXXIV

Desperation.   

Darkness.  

Those were the first thing that came to Percy Jackson’s mind.   

All he remembered was that Kronos’s evil laugh when Percy fell into unconsciousness again.   

Is Annabeth okay?   

Is the camp okay?   

“You puny demigod.” Kronos snarled. 

“Just when I wanted to deal with that Apollo god…”   

“Huh?”   

Kronos pulled at Percy’s collar.   

“STOP IT!”   

“Stop what?”   

“You’re ruining everything! I can’t even perform a single task using your body!”   

“What did I do?”   

What did you do?” Kronos repeated in a dangerous voice. “How am I supposed to know? You…You just stop me every time… I try to do something!”   

Percy did not understand what the Hades was happening but he decided to play the game.   

“Oh yeah.” Percy smirked. “I did that.”   

“You did?”   

“Who else would it be? I mean, you’re in MY body, unless…” Percy’s eyes widened. “Someone else is here too.”   

Suddenly, Kronos fell with a thud on the ground.   

“Wow, Jackson, you have brains that are made of grass.”   

“Luke?”   

Luke stepped out of the shadows.   

“Whazzup?”   

“Uh… what? Why? Aren’t you…?”   

“You totally forgot that I was here too, did you.”   

It sounded more like a statement.

Percy laughed nervously.  

“Sorry, bro.”   

Luke laughed and patted Percy’s shoulder.   

“It’s alright, dude.” He handed Percy a sword. “Go beat up some time titan for me. I’ll have to go. My time is up.”   

AGAIN?” Percy pouted. “What are you?”   

Luke smiled.   

“I’m a memory. Long lost in your head. If you remember me more, I may pop up again.”   

Luke disappeared.   

Percy shook his head.   

What is this, a Harry Potter movie?  

What did he mean by memory?   

“So it seems that staying in your head isn’t really such an advantage for me.” Kronos was suddenly standing in front of Percy, in his hand was a sharp knife.   

“Well, filthy demigod, what would you do now?” In the blink of an eye, the knife was at Percy’s neck and Kronos was standing behind Percy.   

Percy managed a weak, nervous laugh.   

“Er… I dunno. I would run, but I can’t really, can I?”