Percy XXVII

Darkness. 

That’s the first thing Percy remembered. 

It was so cold. So dark. 

And he was scared. 

“Anyone?” Percy tried to move about in the darkness. Nothing happened. He couldn’t move. 

“Is this what happens when I die?” Percy asked himself. 

What’s happening? Percy did not remember anything. Why was he in such darkness? 

Resist it.” a voice said. 

“Who-who’s there?” Percy shouted. Was there someone in this darkness with him? 

Resist it.” the voice repeated. Then the voice became cracked with pain. "Tell me, whatever happens, you will resist it. Please, promise me.

“Resist what? What should I resist?” Percy tried to remember. 

"I’m dying, Percy. Like I should have died a long time ago.”

“Who are you? Who’s dying?” 

He’ll take you as host…” 

Then the memories came surging towards him like a wave. 

“How can I resist?” 

“And I was starting to think those words wouldn’t make you recall the memories.” Luke appeared in front of him, grinning. 

Percy smiled back. 

“How’s it in here?” Luke looked around. Percy laughed. 

“At least I don’t feel pain here.” Percy shrugged. Luke suddenly looked solemn. 

“No, you do feel pain.” Luke seemed to be waiting for something. Suddenly, a surging pain engulfed Percy. 

“Argh…” he doubled down, clutching his stomach. When he removed his hands he felt warm liquid running between his fingers.

“See what I mean?” Luke sighed. "Kronos doesn’t feel the pain. only you do.” 

Percy felt like all the pain and torture he had experienced surged back into his body.

“Why…” 

“If you thought being in this state could stop your pain, I have to tell you, no. It won’t.” Luke explained sadly. “Like I said, the best way is to resist it.” 

“But how?” Percy clenched his teeth in pain. 

“Remember how you dipped yourself in the River Styx?” 

Percy blinked, then red seeped into his cheeks. 

“Uh… yeah.” 

Luke smiled. 

“You’re meant for her Percy.” his image flickered. “I don’t have much time, try and think about Annabeth and you’ll come to your senses.” 

Luke disappeared. 

Percy thought about the times he and Annabeth had spent together. The reunion. 

“And,” Annabeth continued, “it reminds me how long we’ve known each other. We were twelve, Percy. Can you believe that?”

“No, he admitted. “So…you knew you liked me from that moment?”

She smirked. “I hated you at first. You annoyed me. Then I tolerated you for a few years. Then—”

“Okay, fine.”

She leaned in and kissed him: a good, proper kiss without anyone watching—no Romans anywhere, no screaming satyr chaperones. 

She pulled away. “I missed you, Percy.”

Percy smiled at the memories. His Wise Girl. 

Suddenly, Percy saw a small glow of light. He walked towards it. 

He could walk! 

Voices became audible.

“Lord, are you sure this will work?” a voice said. 

“I’m sure.” a voice, coming from himself, said. “When I click my fingers, you battle, get it?” 

“Yes, my lord.” 

When Percy opened his eyes, he gasped. 

He was in Camp Half-Blood. 

AN: Sorry that it's short :P But I updated early! So... no hard feelings, okay?