CHAPTER FOURTY - EIGHT

Shalom and Good morning. Thank you so much for your patience for the update of "Come what may." Thank you so much. I have been doing some editing on some previous chapters where I made some mistakes but I think the coast is clear now so you will not get confused. The story continues and hopefully you are able to sense that the end is near. Thank you for reading this far. God bless you all.

Saturday 10 September, 2016.

Lorato's quick recovery and subsequent consciousness was a joy to her family but it also meant that soon her trial would begin. Chidi spoke with the Police officers that came to him after he woke up and he gave his statements and will be heading back home... for good. He spoke with his mum so that she could ease her mind and his flight back home was already booked...his flight was on the 12th, just two days' time. He painstakingly wheeled himself over to Lorato's room still in hospital clothing to see how she was doing. He was using a wheelchair to aid his movement. She had woken up the previous night and asked after Chidi. As he entered the private ward, she opened her eyes.

He smiled weakly and she turned her eyes away. As Chidi moved closer to her bedside, she stiffened and felt really regretful for the first time after the entire nightmare began a month ago.

"I am glad you are alright." He said tightly. He laughed softly and added,

"You almost got me killed...along with Desire and her husband." He sighed deeply and continued. "Where did we go wrong? I think we both know now that the foundation of our relationship was faulty. It was therefore bound to fail."

Slowly Lorato turned her head slowly with eyes filled with tears. "Chidi." She whispered but audible enough for him to reply.

"Let me finish." He said with a raised hand to stop her from saying anything else.

"This might be a bad time but I am severing our relationship once and for all because it was obviously not clear enough to you. You may think that I am being too harsh but I love you still and might never stop. I'm a fool aren't I?" He chuckled lightly and went on.

"I am going back home and will never bother you again. I don't regret loving you..." His voice trailed off as a tear dropped from his eyes.

"Chidi...Chidi, I'm sorry." Lorato said in a whisper as tears ran down her face.

He came slowly stood up and sat on the bed next to her. Her eyes widened in surprise but stayed put. He took her hands in his, kissed them and looked at her longingly for the last time.

"Goodbye my love." He said and stood up and sat back on the wheelchair. He left her, still weeping profusely.

About two hours later,

Ryan walked into Lorato's ward and sat on the visitor's chair by her bedside. She was unable to go back to sleep after Chidi's visit and has been thinking over the events of the past month when her new visitor arrived.

"Good morning Lorato and how are you doing today?" He said with a small smile.

His presence unnerved her and she looked away hoping not to give away the fact that she had been mourning alone the death of her relationship with Chidi.

"You might be wondering why I should come and see you after everything you did and you are right. I am here to make a request and will not take much of your time." She turned her attention back to him, looking at him quizzically.

"Lolita has suffered in the hands of the people she trusted and loved the most for the past three years. She almost lost her life as a result." He paused a while so it could sink in well.