CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE

Kgosi walked into the sitting room of the Badmus household and waited to see Lolita. Everyone had been shock to see him especially after the fall out his wife had with the household's daughter. The Badmus couple excused themselves while Rachael went back home and David left for his room. Kgosi was the last person Lolita expected the moment the door bell rang and her celebration was cut short. She felt cold shivers run down her spine the moment he walked in. Several unanswered questions clouded her mind as she tried to figure out why he came. She examined him closely...tired eyes, confused countenance plus he looked really...she could not put her finger on it but he was certainly not sent by Desire to ask for her forgiveness. She looked at the time...just 8:11 am. What could be so important that he could risk losing his job for? She sat across him in the large living room, keeping a good distance.

"I'm confused Lolita. What is going on between you girls? Lorato and Desire are not on speaking terms and it has been a while you came to see us too." Lolita felt sorry for him. If only he knew the kind of person he was living with.

"Ask your wife." Lolita replied looking him straight in the eye. She had nothing to hide and was therefore unafraid.

"Lorato told me the same thing but I can't do that now because my wife left me." He bowed his head sadly and sniffed a bit.

"Desire left you? What do you mean?" Lolita was clearly shocked.

Lolita's eyes bulged in shock as she listened to Kgosi relay the tale of his recently shaky marriage.

"What you are telling me is your parents in law are in town and seem to have reconciled?"

"Yes."

Lolita sighed in understanding and realised her friend must have taken it really badly. That was a given! Desire hated her parents with passion. Now she understood why this innocent man was looking miserable...Desire is the love of his life!

"So you will not tell me what happened as well?" Kgosi was in a bad position but it cannot be helped. Telling him everything feels like ruining the family. It should come from the horse's mouth. As much as Lolita wanted her friend to get what she deserved, her husband was innocent.

"Does it matter what it is? Her parents...could that be the reason for leaving? But you did mention she said she never loved you but that is unbelievable! You swept her off her feet and put us singles on our toes to pull up our sock in the search for the right guy."

"I thought so too but obviously we got played."

Lolita stood up hoping he got the hint to leave. She loves him as her brother in Christ but she could not bear to watch him in this depressive state any longer.

"What should I do? I don't know what to do! I'm going crazy trying to figure out what happened to my wife Lolita! Please have mercy on me and save me from insanity!"

Lolita wanted to slap Desire at that moment. How could she do this to Kgosi of all people? Should she tell him about his wife's games? How she almost ruined her life and family?

Kgosi stood up and said with emotion, "I guess I came here for nothing too."

"You don't understand."

"Then make me understand why my marriage is falling apart! Why has your friendship fallen apart and the way I see it, you guys are keeping something from me."

"Kgosi try to understand that it is not my place to tell you." Lolita replied gently.

"Should I call the Pastor? Who should I call to get me out of this zone? She's been gone only few hours but it feels like a lifetime! Bring back my wife Lolita. Call her and make up."

"We are no longer friends."

Kgosi stood up too, closed his eyes and then opened them again. He looked defeated as he walked towards Lolita. He got down on his knees taking the latter by surprise and pleaded with her to help him.

Lolita begged him to stand up. He  looked up at her expectantly.

"I know who can help you."

"Really?" Kgosi's eyes lit up.

"Prepare yourself Kgosi. Remember that you asked to know so please promise not to freak out."

"I promise."

Lolita rolled her eyes at herself. She was already scaring the poor guy. She silently prayed he would be strong enough for what was ahead.