Prologue

This is the sequel to Return of the Goddess. If you haven't read it yet I'd recommend it or you'll be lost. There's a link to it in the comments. Thanks!   

Genna aimlessly walked around the palace. She had no ambition, no friends and no motivation to live, but she had to. No matter what she couldn’t die. Everyday she had to suffer through the pain knowing that it would happen again tomorrow and the next day after that for eternity. The worst part though was the look on his face as she died in his arms. He tried to bring her back, but he knew she was gone. Everyday she replayed the memory in her mind making the pain more intolerable.

     The gods were keeping the truth from her and she knew it. There was a reason she was immortal and not with the man she loved. Genna picked up her pace and swung the doors of throne room wide open interrupting the gods and goddess in the middle of a discussion.

     “I demand to know why I am here?” Genna placed her hands on her hips.

     Zeus nodded to her small purple throne in the center of the room, “Sit!”

     She sat down and crossed her legs and arms in frustration, “I am sick and tired of you guys lying to me. I have been in this prison for five years without a reason and I wish to know why…and I mean right now!”

     “Zeus, I’ll tell her if you don’t,” Aphrodite warmed. The only goddess not present was Hera who never sat in the throne again after Genna died although she still was their Queen.

     “Fine,” he grumbled. “We were hoping you would heal before telling you, but it does not seem we have anymore time. Hera has been getting anxious. She has a group of followers in Texas that wish to take over California and Florida. We think she is influencing them because Aphrodite has many followers in Florida and Athena has a her temple in California where many of her followers go. We believe she is trying to punish them from the Trojan War. We need you to go back down to Earth and find the Apple of Discord. It’s the only thing that will bring this potential war to a standstill.”

     “Then why did you kill me?” Genna was still upset.

     “That was in fact not part of the plan. We were just going to bring you here and tell you the mission, but  some people don’t follow orders,” Zeus had a certain unfamiliar tone in his voice.

      “Are you guys going to send me off on some goose chase just for a stupid apple,” Genna groaned. Although she hated being away from Earth she didn’t want to go back.

     “It’s not just any apple. It can make anyone go mad, even a goddess,” Athena warned.

      “Then why are you sending me to find it?” Genna asked Zeus directly. “Isn’t there another way you can stop her?”

     “I’m afraid not. She will only stop if she is convinced that she is the fairest goddess. You,  Aphrodite, and Athena are a threat to her. You three are powerful and beautiful so I am sending you, Genna, to Earth in search for the apple and the only descendant of Hera. He is the vital to the search. Find him first,” Zeus advised.  

     “How can Hera have a child?” Genna was confused. Hera, although married to the man of infidelity, was the goddess of marriage and she cherished him no matter what.

     “Let’s just say that this mortal man was the one for Hera,” Zeus shifted uncomfortably.

     “Fine,” Genna leaned back in her seat. “Where is this mystery person?”

     “I’m not quite sure, but I know that the answers lie with one of the Zeus kids in at the safe house. Ask around about Jackson Casson. That is the boy’s name,” Zeus got up to go. “You may bring one of us down to help you, but really considering how you have been treating us I don’t think any of us want to go with you.”

     “I’ll go,” Apollo raised his hand.

     “I wish to go as well,” Artemis said. “I know the earth very well, Genna.”

     “I am always here for you also,” Hermes stated.

     Each and every god and goddess in the room volunteered except Zeus. He did not understand Genna nor did he really like her. After all she is a threat to him as well. The council was dismissed after and Genna went to her room on the other side of the mountain. She was twenty-three years old now was living in solitude away from the others. The only people who visited her were her parents, Apollo, and Artemis. Everyone else was terrified of her power and her sinister mood.

     Genna walked over and sat on her vanity chair. On the table were pictures of her, Sage, Chelsea, Charlie, Lucy and Alvina. Her favorite picture was of them all in their bridesmaid outfits for her wedding. She was going to find out who killed her and seek her revenge. It has been five years since she died to them and now she had to go back down to earth and face all the memories of them. She would have to find this Jackson and return to the safe house where all their adventures started. She had no idea who she was going to bring to help.