Chapter 19- Sage

“You do not look good in orange,” Hana pointed out as Jackson tried out another shirt.

     “How do you know?” Jackson remarked.

     “Because I’m a fifteen year old girl with fashion sense. It blends too much with your hair,” Hana grabbed a red shirt, blue shirt, and black shirt off the sales rack. “Try these. I already know the red is going to work. It’s the perfect shade.”

     “How are we going to buy all this?” Jackson asked. “I have no money.”

     They were inside a boutique at the Tanka mall. Ryder, Chelsea and Sage went to a shop farther down leaving Hana and Jackson alone in the store.

     “My mom is the mayor of his town, has been for a long time. I’ll just put it on a tab.”

     “Okay,” he went into the dressing room to try on another pair of jeans and shirt on. “I’m surprised y’all left me alone with you. Y’all think I’m about to run or something. Ryder has been keeping a really close watch on me.” Jackson said from the dressing room.

     “I have a back belt and have won the triathlon in Tanka since I was seven so I think they think I can handle you.” Hana set her purse down on the table.

     “You are so young though,” Jackson came out with the blue shirt on.

     “I was born with cancer and Genna healed me. When she did my mom thinks she left some of herself in me. That’s what gave me strength. Now my lungs are super strong and so is my heart. That’s why I have good endurance.” Hana elucidated.

     “I am going to get these three,” he handed her three shirts, blue, red and white, that all had the name bobby’s boutiques on the left side.

     Sage, Chelsea and Ryder came in to get them after they paid then they went back to Gabby’s house. They opened the door to the house and found Genna and Artemis.

     “Genna!” Hana ran to her and hugged her. “Why didn’t you say good-bye when you left last time?”

     “Because I knew I was coming back,” Genna lied not wanting to tell her the truth.

     “How long have you been here?” Hana asked.

     “Only an hour. Did you get anything shopping?” she had Hana sit next to her so they could talk.

     “I didn’t get anything, but we bought Jackson some knew clothes.” Hana set her purse down on the table.

     At the mention of Jackson’s name Genna’s eye lit up, “Where is he?”

     “Right here,” Hana pointed to Jackson standing in the doorway with Sage, Chelsea and Ryder.

     Jackson walked over to her, “I don’t understand why you want me.” To him Genna was unnaturally beautiful. She was a goddess and was made to be attractive to everyone, mortal and immortal.

      “I need you to present the golden apple to your mother so she doesn’t start another civil war.” Genna eyed him.

     “What you got again my mother?” Jackson asked.

     “I didn’t say anything about not liking your mother, but if you must know Hera tried to kill me fifteen years ago so I guess I have a right to not like her that much,” Genna said. “Once the apple comes you will present it to your mother.”

     “Why is it so important?” He sat down on the other couch with Ryder.

     “If Hera has the apple she will feel like she is fairest goddess,” Genna said. “Then she will not have her followers declare war on California and Florida.”

     “You don’t like me do you?” It was more of a statement then a question yet he wanted her to say something.

     “What do you think?”

     “I think that you don’t know but you’re judging me my mama. She didn’t raise me though.” Jackson said.

     Artemis came out from the kitchen with another glass of nectar, “Genna, you have to keep drinking the nectar. You won’t be able to walk if you don’t.” She gave her the glass.

     “What happened?” Hana instantly became worried.

     “Nothing. I’ll be fine by tomorrow. Goddesses heal quite fast,” she rubbed Hana’s back.

     “Is this Jackson?” Artemis asked.

     “My name is Jackson Casson ma’am,” Jackson bowed. “Why are you so surprised?”

     Artemis looked astounded by his statement, “Can you read minds?”

     “No,” Jackson said. “I know what people are feeling at times.”

     “You can read emotions then,” Artemis said. “You know what I’m feeling then?”

     “Yes ma’am,” Jackson answered.

    “Interesting,” Artemis took the glass from Genna and drank the last few drops.

    “What is going to happen in the next few days?” Ryder asked on the couch next to Jackson.

     “Jackson needs to meet Lucy. They’re bringing the golden apple. I’ll bring him to Olympus then he can present the apple to Hera and I can go back to my miserable life on Mount Olympus.” Genna pronounced.

    Charlie came down the stairs and saw Sage, “Sage, Chelsea, how are you?”

     “You lied when you said you weren’t going to go get Charlie,” Sage teased Genna.

      “I wasn’t going to, but I sort of stumbled upon him,” Genna smiled at her husband.

      “Did you find the man who was messing with the power?” Sage finally remembered the last few days.

     “Yes, he died,” Charlie went and sat on the couch by the window. “The powers will go back to normal though.”

     “How long will we be here?” Chelsea asked.

     “As long as it takes for Jackson to remember,” Genna put in.

     “What do I have to remember?” Jackson asked.

     “I don’t know. Lucifiera might know though,” Genna said. “It had to do with what the goddess, Nemesis, told us. She said that Lucy was the key and Jackson the lock. I think it will all become clear when the rest of us show up.”

     Gabby opened the door with five grocery bags in her hands, “I’m home.” She sang then went into the kitchen, “Dinner will be ready in a half an hour so I want everyone to wash up and be at the dinner table before then.”

     “Okay mom,” Hana got up and took Chelsea up stairs with her.

     “I’ll go use the guest bathroom,” Ryder got up. “Jackson, you’re coming with me.” They went through the kitchen.

     “Thank you Sage,” Genna tried to stand up and successfully took a few steps forward. “Thanks for finding Jackson for me. I couldn’t have done it without you.”

     “It’s no biggie. I love to help out,” Sage smiled at her sister.