Chapter 25

Alvina couldn’t bring herself to sleep that night. The thought that Lucy wouldn’t include her in her evil plans was more hurtful than the thought of Lucy making a deal with Hera. They were partners in crime always running from the cops. That’s how they lived but that all changed when Lucy disappeared when she was seventeen. The month that she came back things were distant. Now Alvina knew why.

     This was stupid Alvina thought. She shouldn’t be distancing herself from her friend now. She should be there for her no matter what. Alvina got out of bed and crept over to Lucy’s room. She tried to open the door, but it was locked. Alvina took out a two bobby pins from her hair and picked the lock. In two seconds she was in the room staring down at an empty bed. The window was open and all of Lucy’s possessions were gone. Alvina gasped at the thought of what Lucy could be doing and ran down to Genna and Charlie’s room.

      Alvina opened the door before knocking and found Genna sitting on the bed reading and Charlie was asleep next to her.

     “Alvina? It’s three in the morning,” Genna looked irritated even though she wasn’t sleeping. Charlie woke up from the sound of Genna’s voice and looked over at Alvina.

     “What’s going on?” Charlie’s voice was hoarse.

      “Lucy’s missing! I went to go check on her and she’s gone,” Alvina burst into uncharacteristic tears.

      Genna got up from her bed and went to hug Alvina, “Ally, she left to join Hera in the war.”

     “No she didn’t!” Alvina screamed pushing away from Genna. “How could you think that!”

      “She betrayed us! Hera was planning on killing me and Lucy let it happen!” Genna defended herself.

     “Then what about this. Why would she leave without Jackson! She needs him to secure the deal with Hera,” Alvina was just getting louder.

     Xavier and Hana walked into the room. Hana looked more sleepy then irritated, “What’s going on?”

     “Lucy’s missing,” Alvina explained.

     At the words Hana burst out crying, “She said she was leaving to me last night.”

     “She’s a traitor,” Genna snarled at Hana. “The sooner we get that across our minds the better.”

     “She’s wouldn’t go to Hera,” Xavier whispered more to himself but everyone heard.

     “She went to go commit suicide,” Charlie said bluntly. Everyone turned to look at him. “It’s makes the most sense. More that her going to Hera.”

     “She told me last night not to cry because she was going to be in a better place. I think she would rather die then be shunned by her friends and have to marry someone she doesn’t love,” Hana added.

     “What! We have to go find her,” Xavier exclaimed.

     They were all waiting for Genna’s confirmation, “Where would she go?”

      Alvina started to pace rapidly, “She would go somewhere she has good memories.”

     Charlie can you get Gabby’s minivan keys from her. I’ll get Jackson and we’ll go,” Genna ran out of the room with everyone close behind.

     Lucifiera parked her Mercedes a block away from where she was going. The cool autumn pushed her red hair out of her face revealing her pale face and puffy eyes. It took her a moment to think of the place where she wanted to die, but when she looked at her phone she new instantly.