Chapter 22

Hana decided there was nothing better to do so she went up to her room to read her book. After Lucy and Jackson left Alvina locked Liam back in the one room and left. Genna and Charlie left the house as well, and Sage, Chelsea and Ryder were downstairs watching a really boring tale of two lovers. At the books she read didn’t leave or watch boring movies.

     When she read she found herself trapped in the book and it wouldn’t let her out. Right now she was trapped in the wilderness with the boys from Lord of the Flies. Hana was sitting down reading when she felt the sun’s rays touching her back. She thought that she closed the window so she turned around. Liam was leaning against her wall.

    “How did you get in here?” She tried to contain her smile. Finally there was someone to talk to around.

     “My window was locked,” Hana frowned.

     “I picked it,” Liam shrugged.

     “Then why don’t you pick your door’s lock and escape?” Hana asked.

     “This isn’t so much of a prison anymore. I don’t feel so trapped when I’m around you,” Liam hoped his line would flatter her.

     Hana blushed, “Go back to your room.”

     “Then you would be all alone,” Liam sat on her bed so he was closer to her.

     “Then I could finish my book,” she retorted.

     “What! Am I not handsome enough to be in your presence?” Liam queried.

      “It has nothing to do with appearance, but the way one acts around others,” Hana spun around in her chair so she was facing him. “And you are not my type. Sorry.”

     “What is your type?” Liam questioned.

     “I don’t like boys,” Hana said.

     “So you like girls,” Liam was more relieved at the fact that she could be gay then the fact that she did not like him.

     “No, it’s not like that at all. I just don’t want to date anyone. It always ends in tears,” Hana giggled.

     “Spoken like the daughter of divorce,” Liam leaned back on the bed.

     “My parents were never married. My dad left my mom right after I was born. I’ve never met him,” Hana’s smile faded.

     “It’s wasn’t your fault your parents didn’t stay together,” Liam sat back up. “People split up all the time.”

      “My dad left because I was born with cancer,” Hana admitted to herself.

     “Do you still have cancer?” Liam asked.

      “No, Genna healed me when I was one. I’ve been stronger ever since,” the ends of Hana’s lips curled up slightly.

     “I’m thirsty,” Liam changed the subject by realizing his thirst.

     “I’ll go get some water. Stay,” Hana got up from her change and went out the door.

     Hana went downstairs to get two bottles of water. She was about to round the corner to the kitchen when she heard Genna and Alvina talking.

     “I don’t understand why he hasn’t left yet,” Alvina set her coffee down on the table. “I mean, I put a tracker on him without his knowledge so I’d be able to find him again, but why hasn’t he tried to run away yet?”

     “The door is locked and the balcony is barred up,” Hana heard Genna say. “If he tried to get through Hana’s room she’d stop him.”

     “He’s one of my brothers. He’d know how to pick a lot. There has to be something holding him back or something,” Alvina thought.

     “Hana?” Genna said what they both were thinking. “That doesn’t make any sense.”

     “She’s fifteen and he’s sixteen. It would make sense,” Alvina said.

     “What should we do?” Genna talked as if Hana was in danger.

     “Nothing, they’re just kids. It’s not like she’s in any trouble if she dates him. I’ll just put a tracking device on her too.” Alvina waved it off. “She might even change him for the better.”

     “I hope so. I need that apple by the end of the week,” Genna sighed.

     “Are you going to leave after it’s done?” Alvina asked.

     “I have to. I’m not mortal and I’m not half mortal. Zeus is not allowing it,” Genna said. “I don’t want to leave you guys again.”

     Hana started to walk into the kitchen. She went to the fridge and grabbed two bottles of water. Genna and Alvina became silent at Hana arrival.

     Alvina saw the two water bottles and commented, “Are you really thirsty?”

     Hana looked down then replied rapidly, “Yes, I need to keep myself hydrated.” She smiled then ran back up the stairs. Hana opened the door to her room to find Liam looking through her scrapbook. He closed it as quickly as she walked through the door.

     “It’s okay. They’re just one pictures,” Hana handed him a water.

     “Thanks,” he replied. “I really needed it.” He finished it after a minute.

     “You should go back to your room,” Hana took out her book and sat down in her revolving chair.

     “You don’t want my company?” Liam asked shockingly.

     “I would rather read my book,” Hana retorted opening her book.

      “Fine, but I’ll be back,” Liam opened the window and climbed out. Hana engulfed herself in her book trying not to think about Liam.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> 

     Lucy opened her eyes the same time Jackson gained consciousness. She couldn’t remember much about her dream except the strange sensation that she knew Jackson before yesterday.

     “Did you see that?” Jackson looked over at her.

     “Yes, but what does it mean?” Lucy realized they were still in the parking lot of Blaze’s Forge so she turned on the car and started to drive again.

     “I knew you went I was little. When I was seven. Do you remember?” Jackson asked.

     “No, I don’t remember ever seeing you before yesterday. I was seventeen at the time so I should remember,” Lucy face showed frustration. “Do you remember?”

     “Not really, it doesn’t make any sense. My mother was there, but my dad said she died in a tractor accident when I was five,” Jackson tried to put the pieces together.

     “Well, that was a lie from the start because your mom didn’t die at all. It is weird though that your mom was there. Gods and Goddess are normally forbidden to visit their children unless baring a message.”

     “What should we do?” Jackson stared at Lucifiera as if she was his guardian and he needed protection.

     “We have to get to Gabby’s and tell Genna. From now on do not touch me. My head still hurts,” Lucy said.

     “Yes, ma’am,” Jackson nodded rubbing his head, which still hurt as well.