EIGHTEEN

***RECENTLY UPDATED***
Nov. 2020

POSTED: 2013
1st Update: 7/23/2015

‼️ *️⃣ ‼️ *️⃣ ‼️
AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hey guys!
Hope you're liking my story so far.
WARNING: This is a rough draft which I wrote 9+ years ago back in high school, so it won't be perfect!
PLEASE leave a comment to tell me what you think & vote if you like it! :D
Thanks!!

~Tess(:

‼️ *️⃣ ‼️ *️⃣ ‼️
***ROUGH DRAFT***
-------------------------

~ | **-**-**- | R | -**-**-** | ~

Chapter EIGHTEEN

Miss Sunshine Rainbows gave us a little tour of the room, informing us what exactly it was that our "new job" entailed.

While she rambled on about stuff I could care less about, I let Jackie do all the listening while I surveyed everything around us. I mentally made a note of all the exits and the room's layout; you know, just in case we ever found ourselves in need of a timely escape if the mission ever went sideways. When my group was involved, it was a good idea to expect the worst; one had to be prepared for just about anything.

"...and you're job right now is to help Mr. Angelo carry the biochemicals."

Ah, so THAT was his name. Oops.

I came back into the conversation by this point, watching Miss Sunshine when she gestured to a heavily suited man to her left. She turned to call over to another worker nearby. "Oh Lester!!" She trilled in that ear-splitting pitch of hers. "I've got some more canisters for you!"

Happy Lady turned her cheesy grin back on us, and that happy-go-lucky smile on her face nearly blinded me. "If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask! Mr. Angelo and I will be glad to answer any questions you may have." And on that positive note, she scampered off with her little cart while whistling a tune that sounded eerily similar to the song, 'She'll Be Coming Round The Mountain...'

"Looks like someone had their happy pills today..." Rickie muttered, watching her go with a bewildered look. "That chick is crazy with a capital K."

I ignored the comment. I wasn't even going to bother telling him that the word 'crazy' didn't actually start with a K; the kid would figure it out eventually.

"I feel sorry for that one guy's last name. Who in the blazes has a name like that? Like the angler fish?" Jane indicated to the man who was going to be putting us to work.

"It's actually Angelo, but I thought she said Angler, too." Commented Ella, echoing my own thoughts.

I brushed my gloved palms together and cleared my throat. "Alright you guys, let's split up. Twins, help Angel Fish Guy with the biochemicals—and please try not to drop them! Make sure to learn as much as you can about them while being as discreet as possible—aka: not so obvious." I directed that last part towards Jane and Rickie before addressing the rest of them. "Let's not blow our cover, alright? Gather as much intel about this place as you can and don't forget to make note of all the exits in case we need to make a quick getaway. And find out where they keep the chemical stuff if you can. Got it?" I gave each of them the sternest look I could manage.

"Alrighty! Covert ops. Got it." Rickie complied. He clicked his tongue twice while shooting me silly gun fingers and a wink at the same time. Something glinted in his eyes then that worried me, and my stomach dropped a few inches further. Oh, boy... I sincerely hoped he didn't mess this up.