(4) Raising Madison

Raising Madison

Chapter 4

Brooklyn’s POV

I arrived at Preston’s house right on time and made my way up to his front door excitedly. I was kind of looking forward to seeing both Madie and him. She is really cute and he is really hot and on top of that he seems like a really descent guy. I rang the bell and within a few seconds he opened it with Madie in his arms. She smiled when she saw me and I held my arms out to her, happy that she feels comfortable with me.

“Hi, I’m glad you’re here. We’re all done and ready to get going,” he said, smiling at me and causing my insides to flutter slightly.

“Ok, let’s do it,” I replied, hoping he didn’t notice me blushing.

He invited me in and I cursed myself silently for letting him affect me like that. I don’t even know him and he seems awfully young to have a two year old baby. I wonder what happened and where the mother is but it’s not my place to ask. I can’t help being curious though.

He picked up a big bag from the sofa as well as a box and made his way outside, loading it into his car and returning for more while I looked after Madie.

When he was done he grabbed Madie’s bag and we headed out. He put her in her baby seat in the back of his car and then we took off.

His new apartment was about twenty minutes from his parent’s house and it looked really nice. It was on the third floor of a complex building and it felt really homey. There was a garden with a play area as well as a swimming pool in the complex and pets were allowed. The apartment itself wasn’t huge but it was spacious and had everything a person needed. It had three bedrooms, one with an en suite bathroom, a study, a lounge with an open plan kitchen and a bathroom. I wish that I could someday live in a place like this. It is really nice.

Luckily the place had a lift so we didn’t have to carry the boxes and bags up the stairs. Madie was really good and as soon as we had moved everything from the car to the apartment Preston took her from me and played with her for a little while.

Watching them together put a really huge smile on my face. I could see how much he loves and cares for her and this made me feel really happy. It was so sweet and even when he was playing with his little girl he still somehow manage to look hot.

Preston’s POV

It didn’t take too long to move everything to my new apartment and Madie was really good. She didn’t complain once and she really seemed to like Brooklyn.

“Thanks for all your help,” I said as handed Madie her teddy. She giggled and took it from me.

“Any time,” Brooklyn replied, sitting down on the couch with me.

I still had to unpack all of our stuff but I decided that it can wait. First I needed to get something to eat and spend some time with my little girl.

“I’m going to order some take aways. Would you like something?” I offered Brooklyn, not sure if she has eaten yet or not.

“Uhm, yes please,” she replied, blushing slightly.

“Ok, what would you like?” I questioned as I dug my cell phone from my jeans pocket.

“Oh, anything but I don’t eat meat,” she replied proudly.

“A veggie burger then?” I suggested, not really sure what vegetarian take aways a person gets.

“That’ll be great,” she agreed happily and I quickly phoned to order our food.

Once that was done I really wasn’t sure what to do. I felt slightly uncomfortable with Brooklyn there now that I didn’t really need her to watch Madie but she’s been really nice and I wanted to return the favor. I m, I know I am going to pay her at the end of the month but there was no harm in being nice, she deserved it.

Brooklyn looked a bit uncomfortable too and I figured that she must be feeling the same way as me.

“I can help you unpack some of the boxes while we wait,” she offered, but I couldn’t ask her to do that and I didn’t want to, some of them have my private things in and I don’t want to share them with anybody. It still hurt way to much whenever I talk about Katie.

“No, it’s ok. Let’s see what on TV,” I said grabbing the remote and switching it on.

Some sitcom was on and to be honest it was completely horrible but we watched in silence, not knowing what to say. Luckily the food didn’t take too long to arrive and as soon as we were done eating Brooklyn said goodbye and left.

I was slightly relieved once she was gone but at the same time the place felt emptier. It was weird but I guess I’m just not used to living alone.