(24) Raising Madison

Raising Madison

Chapter 24

Preston’s POV

The night went off pretty smoothly. Our food was delicious, Madie enjoyed herself and then Brooklyn and I watched a movie once she was asleep. As the time went by I got over most of my nerves and just enjoyed her company. It was great to just hang out and watch the movie, laughing and talking.  When the movie was over she went home, but not before I invited her over to go out with me and Madie the following day. She agreed happily and for the first time in a long time I was actually looking forward to something.

I slept ok and the next morning me and Madie picked Brooklyn up at her house and then we all headed for the theme park.

I’ve never been there so I had no idea what to expect but it turned out to be amazing. The rides were fast and dangerous but the ones for the kids were safe and fun. Brooklyn and I went on a lot of the rides where we could take Madie with and on a few separately while the other watched Madie. She had so much fun that she passed out in the car from exhaustion on our way home.

On Sunday I spent the day alone with Madie and then the next week dragged by again. I spoke to Brooklyn every night and I came to look forward to our talks. It was nice to have somebody to talk to that I can just be myself with.

She knew about Katie and everything I went through and I knew everything she’s been through so we could just be ourselves.

That weekend Brooklyn came over again and we had a lot of fun, just hanging out and playing with Madie. 

I was starting to sleep better and actually looking forward to life again. Madie was getting cuter by the day and luckily she hasn’t called Brooklyn Mommy again.

Brooklyn told me about a dance they were having at her school which made me feel a bit strange. She said that this one guy had asked her to go with him and that she really wanted to go to the dance but that she didn’t like him. I was glad that she didn’t like the guy, but it made me realize that there are some things I don’t know about her. She is in her final year of high school yet we don’t talk much about it or her friends so I made a point of asking her the next time I saw her. She told me about her friends and about her school, causing me to remember my school days and all the things I got up too. It was fun, but there was still one thing that bothered me. The dance. She didn’t say it out right but I think she wanted me to go with her. The problem is that it would be an actual date and I wasn’t sure if I was ready for it. I had to decide though because it was the following weekend.

Brooklyn’s POV

The days passed by and I found myself liking Preston more and more but I still had no idea how he felt about me. I knew he must like me because we are friend but I had no idea if his feelings went any further than that. I was hoping they do but I didn’t want to get my hopes up.