Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Damon’s POV

I was lying on the sofa, deep in my thoughts thinking of Sage. If only she knew how much I loved her. She was my mate, my life. I didn’t know why Carter wanted her but I would do anything...ANYTHING to get her back.

“Everyone is here,” Kyle informed me throught the mindlink.

“I’m on my way down,”I sighed.

Taking a deep breath, I stood up and walk down to the living room. There were 150 pack members including the children and old people. As soon as I stepped in, all eyes were on me. My living room wasn’t a small one. It was able to fit a lot more than a 150 people. I sighed and walked towards the TV where everyone was facing. I reach out to brush my hair back. I was sure that they could see and sense my distress.

“Thank you members for attending this meeting in such a short notice of time,” my voice loud and clear.

“First of all, I would like to tell you all that I have found my mate,” I continued.

Suddenly, everyone was cheering and clapping for me. For them, it meant that I would be able to be the next in line Alpha.

“HOWEVER,” I spoke loud enough to settle them down.

“However, she has been kidnapped by Carter,” I said not allowing my voice to sound weak.

My eyes scan the crowd. Some of them were angry but some confused.

“Carter as in Alpha Carter from the neighbouring pack?” someone asked.

I wasn’t sure who but I answered anyway,”Yes.”

That one simple word made not one or two but almost all of the members to growl in anger. We were like a family and they could sense my frustration. Without my mate, I wouldn’t be able to be an Alpha. This pack not only needed an Alpha but a Luna to lead the ladies or part of the pack when the Alpha is out.

“Please, calm down,” I pinched the bridge of my nose.

The crowd went quiet again.

“Okay, we need to get her back and we need to start training,” I said again.

Sage’s POV

I was in a deep sleep having a dream. About Damon. My body yearned for him.

*DREAM*

I had no idea where I was. The sky was dark. The moon was shining brightly with the stars around it. All around me were nothing but tall mountains. I was standing in the middle of a meadow. It was beautiful. I felt like drawing the scenery in front of me. The wind blew softly. It made me feel like I was naked. Naked? I look down and was shock to see that I was wearing  a long dress made of soft fabric. Leaving my body barely visible. I couldn’t care less what I was wearing. I started walking to nowhere in particular. My hands brushing the soft flowers.  Out of nowhere, I felt the urge to dance around. I was spinning around and around. My arms were wide open feeling the wind.

“You’re beautiful,” a voice stopped me.

It was a whisper. It felt near but at the same time far. I turned  to the source and saw a man. He was on a hill. Standing next to a tree. I could not make out his  features. It was too dark .

“Who are you?” my voice strong and clear.

“Do you not know me, my love?” he continued. His voice sounding soft like silk .

It can’t be can it? I was confused. Is this real or a dream? I knew who it was.  Every part of me recognised him. My shock face was replaced by a smile.

“D-d-damon? Damon, is that you?” my legs started to carry me to him.

He walked out of the trees shadows and my legs slowed down and stop.  The  leaves on the tree beside him began to grow old and fall. Leaving only the tree. Why is he in my dream? My heart crushed from the sight. No..I wanted Damon. Not him. My eyes was clearly showing disappointment. I took a step back and turned but to my horror, he was in front of me.

I took a step back again but this time, he grabbed my arms and pulled me closer to him.  He brought his face near my neck.

“Wake up,” he whispered.

*End of dream*

Those words made me break away from the nightmare. I sat up straight in bed. The sun was shining brightly through the same window that the moon was. I looked to where Mr Carter was and saw that he was still asleep. His back was facing me. I quietly got out of bed and walk towards the long mirror near the window. My face looked exhausted. My hair was a huge mess and someone had change me into a clean silk night dress. I sighed. I looked out the window.The house was surrounded by the forest. Should I try to escape? I looked to wear Mr Carter was. He was still in a deep sleep. Perhaps I should try. I can’t stay here forever. Dad must be worried sick! I’m sure he has called the police.

I unlock the windows and was already climbing out when I remembered something. I was only in my nightdress. I can’t just go out like this! I went back inside and was glad to see that Mr Carter was still asleep. I opened his wardrobe and took out one of his t-shit. It had reached down to my knees. That should be enough. I climb out the window and grabbed the pipes. Slowly climbing down, like a monkey. As soon as my legs touched the ground, I started running as fast as I could. Away from that creature. I wasn’t sure where I was or where I was going but as long as it was far from him. I was nearing the forest when I heard someone shouting.

“Sage!”

I did the stupidest thing I could. I turned around. Staring at Mr Carter who was still in his room looking furious. I got a better look at the house and was in awe. It wasn’t a house. No! it was a mansion!  

Damon’s POV

It had been 5 days since Carter took Sage. My pack had been training non stop for 3 days. My pack wasn’t weak but I wanted them to be prepaid. I should call Carter.

“Hello? Alpha Carter here,” his voice sounding cheerful.

“How dare you take away my mate!” I shouted through the phone.

“Ah Alpha Damon! or should I say future Alpha?”he laughed.

“What do you want with her?”I asked.

“Oh nothing I like her, I take her. Don’t worry, she’s safe with me. She even told me to send her regards to you,” he continued.

“You liar! I will take her back!” with that, I slammed the phone down.

Don’t worry, Sage. I’m coming to get you.