Chaper 2:

Chapter 2:

"Bright and early sweetheart", my dad cheerfully said while pulling the blinds open.

"What time is it?" I groaned sleepily.

"7 AM" he calmly answered.

"7 AM?!" I shouted and rushed out of bed.

Oh no! I'm going to be late! I have never been late to school! I took a quick shower and threw on a pair of high cut converse, short white floral dress and my leather jacket. I brushed my hair and applied some lip gloss. I wasn't a huge fan of make up, I preferred my natural looks. Dad said I looked a lot like mom when she was younger, with the long wavy black hair and the tan skin from spending too much time under the sun. 

"Ready?" Dad ask.

" Yes come on, I'm late!" we both ran out not bothering to have breakfast.

I feel bad that dad had to send me to school today. Typically, I would ride to school on my own. Mom and Dad bought me a Fat Boy 114 with 1745 CCs as a "I'm sorry, we got divorce" present. Or was it "I'm sorry, we have to move to a whole other country"? Doesn't matter, it's the best gifts I've ever got. 

Dad drove through town in his black Austin Healey 3000. It was a Monday and traffic was close to none. There were cars but it looked almost deserted. Thankfully, we didn't take too long to arrive.

As soon as we reached, the bell rang and students were already making their way to their classes.  I turned to my dad and gave him a kiss on his cheeks.

"Call me when you're done, I'll pick you up" dad said.

"Kay' dad, see you later"

"Oh and sweetheart?" dad called out again.

I turned around, "yes dad?"

"Please stay out of trouble this time"

I gave him a smirk and walk away. I really can't promise you that, dad.

I walk towards the blue doors leading to an empty hallway. The students must all be in class already. I walk around aimlessly looking for the General office. Finally, I saw a red door with the sign. I breath a sigh of relived. I made my way in and there was a lady in her 50s with white hair and gold glasses looking very glum.

"Excuse me?"

She look up at me and gave a warm smile.

"You must be Esabella Moore?" she asked sounding sure of herself.

"Yes"

"Ah...nice to finally meet you my dear, my name is Mrs Carington. I know your father very well," she said excitedly.

I gave her an awkward smile and waited for her to give me my new schedule. How did she know my father? I've never met her before and Dad has definitely never been to this small town. I'll just ask dad when I get home. Mrs Carington handed me all things I needed and told me the directions to my first class: English

The hallway was silent and the only sound were my footsteps. I didn't bother to go to my locker first. I reached the class and took a look inside. There was an old man with thick rimmed glasses and an old brown suit. He had curly brown hair and was looking really angry. I knocked the door twice and stepped inside.

"Stop fooling around, Mr Bate! And why are you late young lady?!" he shouted in anger.

"I'm new sir," I said loud and clear, trying my best not to look nervous.

The class was really quiet. I took a step inside the room and caught a pair of deep green eyes staring at me from the back of the class. 

"Right, you must be Esabella Moore from London, right? You can call me Mr Hope".