Chapter Twelve

Six years ago

The photographer ran over to adjust Ambers dress so that he could clearly catch part of her arm sleeve in the shot. The tattoo was of Sydney on her upper arm. They knew it was foolish to get a tattoo of your significant other, but it felt different, like it wouldn't ever be a problem. Ambers Mom had been horrified at her arm sleeves when she first began adding to them. Her words were "well now you gone and done it Amber... You look like a dyke. You could get away with it before, but now?! Now you will never get a job at the firm"

Amber had meant to have gone to law school like her Mom. She had one of the highest ranked law firms in the state. Alas, it was not to be. This blonde bombshell and once cheerleader had done the unthinkable, and she had broken away from the conventional. Amber was sure that if she hadn't of been an only child her Mother would have disowned her by now. She couldn't wait to send her the engagement shots. She would be pleasantly horrified. Amber's mother wasn't homophobic in any way, she just hated how her daughter had grown up to be so very unlike her.

Sydney leaned into Amber and planted a kiss on her cheek for the picture. Her full lips parted slightly as she kissed the nape of Amber's neck, before turning back and smiling for the next shot. Behind them the Eiffel tower stood with lights twinkling.

The photographer waved them to wait while he changed the camera lens over. They turned in their dresses and gazed back at the landmark of Paris.

"It's so beautiful HB" Sydney observed, clutching Ambers arm.

"It really is. Not quite as beautiful as you though Miss Presley" Amber returned, looking down at Syd.

Sydney was dressed in a sleeveless green gown. Her dark hair was curled gently, and hung loosely around her pink cheeks. Her lips were full and pert with a lick of clear gloss. Amber had never seen her look more perfect. Her button nose wrinkled up as she watched Amber gaze at her adoringly.

"What do you think of this?" Sydney asked, looking around at passers-by coyly who had stopped to watch them with intrigue. She lifted her dress up against her left thigh to reveal a black garter with the words "Beaton's Bride" etched into the fabric in white pearl.

Amber's mouth opened to reveal a little shriek of laughter. She dropped down and kissed her above the slip of fabric, pulling the garter playfully towards her with two fingers, which when released, snapped back against her skin.

"Ouch" Sydney yelped. "I see how it is"

Amber heard her growl under her breath and turned back to the photographer, who along with a hundred other people, were watching them.

"Oops" Sydney said, stifling a laugh at the sudden crowd and hiding her head behind Ambers shoulder shyly.

"You always do this" Amber replied amused.

"When?" Sydney quipped.

"Oh I don't know... having the loudest orgasm ever in the back of our limo. In rush hour traffic?! Then there was that time you thought us having sex in that elevator would be so fun until..." Amber paused for dramatic effect. "What was it? Oh yeah it opened to a crowd of people on the third floor"

"I forgot about that" She replied, amused and starting to giggle "you shouldn't be so damn irresistible then should you"

The photographer came walking over.

"Amber that shot of you kissing the thigh is perfect"

"You shot that?!" Sydney asked, surprised and a little embarrassed.

"Oh dear" Amber stated.

He grabbed his camera and showed them the shot.

"Oh, that's actually quite cool" Sydney squealed excitedly.