D. Gray Man

Title: D. Gray Man

Owner: Katsura Hoshino

Genre: Dark fantasy, action, adventure

Rating: 7.5/10

Summary:

Allen Walker, a teenage boy with a cursed eye, lives to destroy demonic weapons called Akuma.

The Akuma are created by the Millennium Earl, who will appear before you when a loved one of yours dies. He'll promise you that he can bring them back to life, and when you agree, he brings back your deceased comrade as a weapon to do his bidding; after which he commands your friend to kill you. He seeks to extinguish the lowly human race, and to replace life with the Akuma.

Allen Walker uses an anti-Akuma weapon, Innocence, to keep the Millennium Earl's attacks at bay. When he joins the Black Order, a counsel made of people who seek to destroy the Akuma and Millennium Earl, their goal begins to waver. The annihilation of demons are questioned.

These questions are drawn back to Allen Walker's mysterious past. With the usage of Innocence, his anti-Akuma weapon and cursed eye, he and his exorcist friends seek to plunge the Millennium Earl into a place where no one can find him; before his murderous plot leads to the destruction of the world and all that live on it.

Opinion:

This anime wasn't half bad, really. It was super interesting! The cast was outstanding and differential, and made for a wonderful show.

One thing I like is how they brought instances like Noah's Ark and the Noah themselves into it, making something that was meant to be holy become dark. Some scenes were all-around gruesome and made me cringe, like when...

*SPOILER ALERT*

Road Kamelot launched a candle into Allen's eye. Just the scream that he...I just... I can't even...

Anyways, the powers and plot twists were really exceptional. Something that bothered me about this was that during some instances, it took a long time for stuff to go down.

"Yeah, we're going to beat down the Millennium Earl!" they say. "Let's talk about it for twenty episodes first!"

Hehe, yeah... That almost put us back, but in the end, it made it worth it. Characters you think are completely innocent turn their backs, and tragic deaths kill some of the best characters. Seeing their struggle and the realism of their situation really drew me in as a viewer. I hope it does the same for you!

A warning would be... Well, slight language. Right when you think there's gonna be a lecherous scene with Lenalee's boobs, the producers turn around and backhand you with a chair. There's some blood, a reasonable amount. Not a lot.

Vote if you think bean-sprout Allen Walker and shorty Edward Elric have something in common.