Chapter Seventeen

My insides turned to ice as I stormed into the house,slamming the door in the process. The loud thwack resounded in the near silent house I abided in. I kicked off my shoes and stalked to the kitchen,wrenching the refrigerator door open,helping myself to a glass of milk. After I had calmed down,I settled for calling Elise. Maybe I should tell her about this.

I lowered the volume on the television,my finger hovering over the call button of my phone. I tapped it anyways and sighed mentally when Elise answered groggily.

"Who is this and why are you waking me up?" she said down the phone,her voice as croaky as ever.Wait,it was almost noon and she was still sleeping? What was this world coming to?

"Oh hey,it's me." I said,leaning back into the sofa,staring blankly at the flashing pictures on the plasma screen.

A sigh emitted from the other end. "Hey Lauren.I'm freaking pissed you woke me up but since you're special,I'll let that one slide."

I rolled my eyes. "Anyway,I have a confession."

There was silence for a while then she finally replied. "Haha. That's not something you hear normally from a best friend who woke you up minutes to twelve.." she mused,laughing.

Another eye roll from me. "Focus." I reprimanded, a smirk gracing my lips.

"Oh sorry,what's this confession of yours?"

I relayed the story from the beginning to her and not once she interrupted.

"And it's freaking me out. Do you think she's stalking me?"

"Um,maybe." All form of joke and grumpiness was far gone from Elise's voice as she listened attentively.

"Elise you're making me scared." I said,an icy cold chill running through my spine at her accusation. Normally,if you asked if you had a stalker,the person you are talking to has to say "No." or "Of course not."--not "Um,maybe."

"Well,it's true. You know what a sick twisted envious teenage girl is capable of." she reminded me as I saw where she was coming from.

"Even though,I would never go that far if the guy I liked was with someone else."

She sighed. "You're so naïve. That's how you would think,not everyone thinks like you. Another girl would be like: 'He's my man and any other girl would have to back off!' " Elise mimicked causing me to burst out into hysterics.

"Don't ever to talk like that Elise,it doesn't fit your appearance." I warned,laughing.

"So,you told Justin yet?" Elise implored,seriousness dripping off her words. I mentally said: "Shit." How had I not known to tell him anything?

"No,I haven't. Would it matter anyways?"

She sighed from the other end. "You have to tell him before it gets out of hand and matters get worse."

I tried to shirk away from her logical solution but to no avail. Maybe it was a good thing to break the news to him that his ex was seriously talking business,sending me threat notes.

"Okay..." I wasn't sure about my answer. I was still a little reluctant on telling him.

"Don't worry hun'. I'll be over in a few to get your minds of things."

I sighed with relief. That's just what I needed. Major distractions.

"Kay,thanks." I said,a huge smile plastered across my face.

"No need to thank me." she laughed and then we hung up.