Chapter Thirty Three

Justin's P.O.V

I leant back on the wall and propped my feet on a chair nearby as Lauren shifted slightly so that her head was in my lap as she focused on playing Subway Surfers on my iPhone. I stared ahead thinking. We were at the airport and had been for a few hours. My jet was supposed to land in a few minutes and I was seriously dreading it. Was Lauren okay with it? Even though she had said so, I knew her better than anyone else.

"Justin?" I heard her ask softly. I snapped out of my deep reverie and looked down at her.

Her gaze was still fixed on the screen. "Yeah?"

"I suck at this game."

I chuckled, "Aw,"

I watched in awe as she slowly positioned herself to face me while leaning back into her own seat pouting.

"Anything I can do?" I teased, leaning forward a bit.

"Not sure," she whispered sighing a bit but I could have seen the little smile tug at her lips.

I leaned forward the rest I had to place my lips gently on hers. I felt her smile into the kiss and slowly I held her face in my hands and gently continued kissing her. She pulled away instantly as I began kissing down her neck having me confused.

"What's wrong?" I asked easing forward to look her fully in the eye. I was aware however at the way she refused to look up at me and how she was trying and failing to hide her face with her curtain of curls.

"Lauren," I stated. "Come on, look at me."

In response, she did thankfully, lifting a weight off my chest. Then I caught sight of the trail of silver I dreaded to see.

"I'm fine."she assured ,maybe as convincing as telling a child babies came from the moon.

"No you're not, and neither am I. It's killing me that I have to miss Christmas with you and New Years Eve too. I'm gonna miss you so frickin bad Lauren."

She swallowed and wiped away a stray tear that let itself loose. I couldn't bare seeing her crying so I pulled her into a tight hug, trying my best to savor every moment and emotion.

"And I promise to set it straight with Maya from day one."

I felt her nod. Right about now, I didn't care that we were both in a rather awkward position on two chairs hugging, all that mattered to me was the girl right here in my arms. We stayed in our position for a while until I saw Kenny walking swiftly toward us with his shades giving off a tough exterior feel.

I pulled away from Lauren gently as I could and gave her one last kiss. It was long as hell and perfect and all but what shattered me was that she was crying through it. Finally, when we were both out of air, I pulled away and stood up, pulling her along with me and grasping her hands in mine. I intertwined them and grabbed my suitcase, watching on in a daze as Kenny took the rest already a few feet away from us. Through the transparent doors, I could have seen my jet laying there in all its black and purple glory with my logo on it rather fancily. It was the first time I felt completely torn about something. I wanted to go out and experience Australia, get started working on the movie, meet the cast but somehow it felt exactly like five years ago when I had just left Lauren without no proper explanation and a broken heart.

Wordlessly, Lauren and I made it to the final point. Kenny came along and told her a few reassuring words and disappeared down the hall with the suitcase I had been holding. I watched him go and then regrettably turned to Lauren who's face looked puffy and red. She was staring off in a distance, looking lost. I shoved my hand into my hoodie's pocket feeling my shades in there.