Chapter Seven

You see, the problem with getting up in the morning for school on a Monday morning is the fact that you feel like crap because you were so used to sleeping and staying up late on the past weekend.

Your eyes feel droopy and everything seems out of place....

Don't get me wrong..sometimes --if you're a rare of constant sunshine-- the mornings are your everything. You wake up, stretch, and you actually feel like your morning will be rather perfect..

Unless..you're a part of the other three quarter of the world who see school from time to time as a living hell.Yeah, that's how I, Lauren Marks felt right now.

I lugged myself out of my bed dreading every footstep I took.

After twenty solid minutes I was out of the shower. I towel dried my wet hair then dressed.

My phone went off loudly as I tried to pull my hair up into a messy ponytail.

Muttering a few curse words to myself;I'm not a morning person, I went over to my table where it was going off loudly. Sure enough the caller ID said 'Elise'.

Sure enough I could have easily predicted how our conversation would go.

I'd answer,she'd respond with a cry of un-happiness.

And,well,the rest is history.

Sighing I reluctantly snatched the device into the palm of my hands.

"Lauren! Do you know how long I was trying to get into contact with you! I called you last night and you weren't answering!!! I was calling to tell you that Darren is not leaving till this afternoon!" she screeched.

I swear,if she had said more she would have stopped breathing...or at least that's what I thought.

"Oh that's great!" I attempted at sounding at least a bit enthusiastic.

"You think that me going through hell to call you is great?!"

I chuckled slightly amused. "No,I meant Darren going this afternoon and all..I get to see him one more day..Well, technically,some more hours."

"Well he's not going to be in school today though,he gotta pack.I'm so happy that his father mixed up the dates before!" she squealed.

"Oh.I see.." I replied exiting my bedroom.

"Do you mind coming with us?"

I was slightly taken aback. I mean, wasn't this a private thing for just them both? A time when they could bid their goodbyes and make tough decisions like choosing to have a long distant relationship (which I detest..and although this sounds highly clichéd,they never work out) or choosing to end the bridge of their relationship.

"Uh..hello?"

I jumped taken in shock. "Oh..um are you sure you want me to come?" I asked gulping down my minute made orange juice.

Mum hadn't arrived at home as yet.

"Oh..um,er..sure...We won't..er..mind.." she trailed off.

Is it just me..?

Okay,well then if you're normal you'd detect some kind of guilt in her sentence.

"Elise,what's with the-"

She cut me off before I could continue. "Just please come with me!Anyways,I gotta leave now to go to school.See you soon!"

And with that the phone line went dead.

I stared down at my phone in total bewilderment. Okay,something was definitely up.

~^~^~~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^