Chapter 6: Forget Them

Hey everyone! Once again, I am sorry for the delay. I've been on holiday break for 3 weeks now, and I had anticpated uploading sooner, but... life had other plans. Between Christmas gatherings, New Year's parties, wedding stuff, and probably a dozen other things, I have had hardly any free time. But... I busted my butt and got this done today. So I hope you all enjoy it and I hope I can get a new chapter up soon. :)

********************************************************************************

"Don't give up; it's just the weight of the world. When your heart's heavy I... I will lift it for you." –You Are Loved (Don't Give Up), Josh Groban

Draco aimlessly kicked a rock as he and Artemis strode through the bustling crowd. Admittedly, he had no idea where they were; he had let Artemis decide where they had been going for the most part. The two of them had spent the day trying to fill out applications in hopes of Draco getting a steady job in time to help support his growing family. At this point, Draco knew he was in no place to be picky; a job was a job, and he was going to have to take whatever he was offered.

The boy was snapped from his thoughts as Artemis cleared his throat. "You didn't hear me, did you?" his cousin asked.

"Erm... no," Draco admitted. "What did you say?"

"I asked if you had any idea as to when Audrey was going to be returning," Artemis somewhat repeated, stopping in the middle of the walkway to turn to look at Draco.

The blond boy shrugged. He remembered telling her to stay out as long as she wanted, but he wasn't sure how long that would be. Audrey could already be home, or she could still be out. It was hard to say with that girl; she was unpredictable. "Regardless of when she gets back, I wanted to pick up a little something for her," Draco finally spoke up.

Artemis raised an eyebrow. He glanced at his watch for a moment before looking back at Draco. "I'll be waiting here. Go find her something. I'm sure she'll appreciate it."

The blond boy nodded, and then turned away from his cousin, trying to think of exactly what to get Audrey at such short notice. He glanced around, debating it over in his head. After a few moments, Draco got an idea that he thought would suit his purpose well- and he was surprised he had never done it before. He pushed his way through the throngs of people and into the local flower shop. Once inside, Draco studied various arrangements of flowers for a moment before selecting one that he believed would be perfect. As he paid the clerk at the counter, he silently prayed that he had picked flowers Audrey liked. He honestly had no idea how he managed to marry the girl and not know what her favorite flowers were.

Hopefully this mix of roses, lilies, carnations, and baby's breath works, he thought silently. And then, how do I even know what all these flowers are?

Draco shook the thought as he strode out of the shop, flowers in hand, making his way back to Artemis. When he found his raven-haired cousin, he noticed a bewildered look upon his face. "What Artemis?"

Artemis shook his head. "Just have an odd feeling about something. Not sure what, but ah well. I'm sure it'll pass." He glanced at the flowers in Draco's hands. "I see you found Audrey's surprise. They're lovely, just like her."

Draco glared at his cousin. "Hey now. That's my wife you're talking about."

Artemis smirked. "I'm not interested in her like that, Draco. You have nothing to worry about; the girl is like family to me," he explained. "Besides, I'm pretty sure a lot of guys would agree."