Chapter 15: Top of the World

Sorry about the delay again. Wanted this chapter done sooner, but my health was a little more important at the moment. But it's done now, and this is the chapter I think a lot of you have been waiting for! Going to learn what the baby is! The idea here is a little silly, but I think the group deserved some nice, happy times for once. Anyways, I hope you all enjoy!

Chapter is dedicated to one of my newest readers, Cheryl. She read these stories in record time, and she helped me find some motivation to actually get some writing done, whether she knows it or not. Thanks so much for reading, and giving me tips for my migraines. :)

*********************************************************************************

"I've had the highest mountains. I've had the deepest rivers. You can have it all but life keeps moving. I take it in but don't look down 'cause I'm on top of the world." ~ On Top of the World, Imagine Dragons

Everything was set. All the guests had arrived, all the food had been placed out, and everything was seemingly in order. Admittedly, it felt weird knowing that in the course of the next few minutes Audrey would finally know the gender of the baby she had been carrying for four months now. This party wasn't how the girl had imagined it was going to be, but she was not disappointed by what their mothers and motherly figures had come up with for the gender reveal party. Not to mention it was a great break from the grim reality they were facing with the war.

Molly had naturally wanted to bake something, and her wish was granted. She had made a cake and several other edible treats for the party. Artemis had enlisted his mother's decorating touch, and Angeline hadn't disappointed in that department. As for Narcissa and Fianna, they had come up with the concept involving the reveal itself. Honestly, it was something Audrey was shocked to see them decide upon. The expectant grandmothers had decided that a silly string fight, with the string in either blue or red to reveal the baby's gender, would be a great premise for the party. While the idea was a bit childish in nature, it was bound to be fun for all the friends. Audrey was mostly happy that the weather had cooperated, and that she didn't have to get dressed up.

The girl stood alone, near the back door of Artemis' manor by the end of a food table, watching the rest of her friends mingle and talk excitedly amongst themselves. However, Audrey wasn't alone for very long; while she was looking across the lawn at her friends, an arm wrapped around her waist and pulled her close to another body. She didn't even need to look over to know it was Draco standing next to her.

"Are you ready?" he asked, glancing down at her.

Audrey looked up to her husband, a small smile on her face. "As ever," was her short reply.

"Then let's get this party started," Draco suggested, a devilish smile forming on his face. He looked away from her, and out to their friends. He cleared his throat, just loud enough for everyone to hear him and look over at them. "Good afternoon... friends... family. We all know why we're here today, so I won't bore you with some long speech about it. All I know is that Audrey and I are both oh so excited to find out officially what our baby is, as I am sure all of you are as well," Draco began. He took a deep breath, steadying himself for the surprise that was about to be revealed. "Sitting on all the tables in front of you are several cans of silly string. The color is covered up, and won't be revealed until it is sprayed."

Audrey decided now was the appropriate time to take over for her husband, who had walked over to the nearest table to grab a few cans before rejoining her. "Obviously there are two colors that may come out of the cans- red and blue, although I suppose the red will look more like pink. Anyways, if it's red we're expecting a girl. If it's blue, we're having a boy." She was going to say more, but she could feel her heart rate increasing and knew she should probably try to calm down a bit. She was excited; there was no denying it.

"Without further to do, let the reveal begin!" Draco announced, handing Audrey one of the cans of silly string, keeping one for himself as well.

Audrey closed her eyes for a moment, giving herself a moment so her friends could get up from their seats before the chaos continued. When she opened her eyes, and noticed everyone else beginning to grab their own cans, she turned to Draco. He was still standing next to her, a devilish grin on his face. At the same time, the both of them began spraying each other with the silly string. After a few seconds, Audrey paused to actually look at the color of the individual strings now coating her husband's chest and face.

Blue.

A boy; they were having a boy.

Happy tears began to fill the girl's eyes as she immediately hugged her husband. Draco hugged her back, resting his head on top of hers in complete silence, ignoring the squeals of joy coming from some of their friends just a few yards away. When Draco finally pulled away from her, Audrey was able to see the huge grin on his face.

"Looks like I get my heir after all," he said, almost smirking now.

Audrey smiled, but shook her head at him. "I guess you do," she replied.

Before Draco could say anything else, their friends had run up to them and began spraying them with the silly string. The couple retaliated and returned fire, although it was certainly hard to hit all of their friends when there were so many of them. Everyone was laughing and having the greatest time, probably for the first time since Fred's wedding.

The child-like laughter and fun continued for another ten to fifteen minutes or so until the last can of silly string was emptied. Once that was done, all the friends along with their mothers, who did not escape from the chaos, all sat down at the tables and began eating.

"That's all this family needs... more testosterone," Artemis broke the ice, cutting carefully into a slice of cake. He glanced up at his cousin-in-law, a smirk on his face.

If Audrey hadn't known Artemis, she would've taken that offensively. Instead she smiled, took a sip of punch, and then replied. "You would know huh?"

From her right, Nicole decided to add to this conversation. "I don't care what it is, as long as it's healthy and stuff. I am glad that we know now, so now I can go buy stuff and start spoiling my nephew before he ever gets here."

"Don't spoil him too much," Draco piped up from Audrey's other side.

"Ain't that rich coming from you?" Ron asked jokingly from next to Nicole. "Doesn't being a Malfoy automatically qualify him for being spoiled?"

"I think it does," Artemis agreed.

"Oh like you have room to talk," Draco retorted, looking at his cousin. "Your family is just as rich as mine... if not even more so, last I knew."

Artemis shrugged. "Yes, but I have siblings to share the wealth with. I suppose as long as you two have more children this one won't turn out like you," he replied.

Although backhanded as that was, Draco just laughed at it. He shook his head, knowing very well how much of a prat he was at one point in his life. "You're probably right," he stated. "Although a criminal mastermind passing judgment is a new one."

Artemis raised an eyebrow, but said nothing to it. Not that he had time to say much of anything anyways. Nicole spoke again, obviously trying to bring the conversation back to the reason they were all there that day. "So you have to tell us here soon info for a baby shower. Not to mention what kind of gifts and things you may need for the little one," she started.

"Oh I will," Audrey assured. "I still have about four to five months, depending on when he wants to head on out of me. We'll probably wait until March or so for that. After my birthday and all. Just one step and celebration at a time."

At the mention of her birthday, a light bulb went off in Nicole's head. "Your birthday is coming up isn't it? Are you doing anything for it?" she asked.

"Well... if two months is 'coming up' then yes," Audrey answered. "And well I'm probably just staying home, unless something else comes up."

"Oh we'll figure something out for you," Nicole promised. "Don't worry."

Audrey merely nodded and smiled. She wasn't too worried about what she did for her birthday at this point. It was still a while out, and right now she was too happy about finding out she was having a little boy to care about her birthday. This day had gone over so well, and she couldn't be any happier about it.

She was on top of the world.