Chapter 22: Always Keep Fighting

Hey everyone! Sorry I didn't post this before I left for the Supernatural convention in Toronto last week. I am a bit of a procrastinator, and I waited until the last minute to pack and do everything else I needed to before we left. So when we left, I only had about 500 words written for this chapter, and that just wasn't enough. I had a ton of fun in Toronto, and I am so glad I was able to go and meet one of my personal heroes, as well as the rest of the cast. It was an incredible experience, and if anyone wants to hear me possibly ramble about it, feel free to message me.

Some of my own personal feelings have slipped into this chapter. This past month has been rough for me, so that's in here in some ways, as well as some words my hero told me this past weekend.

Anyways, without further to do, here is Chapter 22! Enjoy!

*********************************************************************

"We build it up, we tear it down. We leave our pieces on the ground. We see no end; we don't know how. We are lost and we're falling. Hold onto me; you're all I have, all I have." ~ Pieces, Rob Thomas

Only a few days had passed since the battle that claimed Draco's life. Most of the Death Eaters had been arrested and were awaiting trial if they hadn't been killed in the skirmish. Some were still on the run, and were being tracked down by Aurors and other high ranking officials. Even with the relative peace, it wasn't enough to ease Audrey's heart and mind. The world as she had known it had been shattered. She wasn't even sure who she was anymore. Losing her father had been hard enough; she wasn't prepared for losing Draco too.

All their friends and family had gathered for his funeral service in a cemetery not far from where she and Draco resided. It wasn't much different than the service they had had for her father a few weeks prior. Only this time, more of her friends were crying too. More people had shown up as well- family, friends, teammates, former classmates, and teachers. Everyone was wanting to talk to her, wanting to make sure she was okay. Audrey couldn't be even remotely close to being okay. After all, how could she be? Those closest to her tried to keep those kinds of questions away from her; Audrey wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone.

The funeral had just dwindled to an end, and she stood at the edge of Draco's tomb, her hand resting gently on the marbled wall, tears slowly falling from her eyes as she reflected on the service, as well as her life with him. While she had only been married to him for less than a year, it didn't change how much sadness was coursing through her. She couldn't even bring herself to write something for his service as she had for her father. There were no words to describe her loss, and there was no way she could speak in front of all these people, nor could she make Artemis, as he was just as shaken by the loss. Draco was her world, and without him, Audrey wasn't sure how she was going to carry on. Her only solace was that she still had their son, and she was going to do everything in her power to honor Draco throughout her son's life.

She felt a hand rest on her shoulder, and it caught her off guard. The girl turned her head to see Artemis standing beside her, a sympathetic look upon his face. "Everyone is slowly leaving. I know you're not ready to go yet," he said quietly. "I'll stay with you until you're ready to head back home."

Home. The word danced around her thoughts for a moment. What was home now? She hadn't been to her small home she shared with Draco since his passing, and she wasn't sure she could handle stepping foot in their home alone. There were too many memories, too many things she had only been able to imagine... everything would just bring her that much closer to the breakdown she was inevitably going to have.