Chapter 11: Time For A Wedding

Hey guys! Finally got a chapter done in here. :) Good news is I know where the next few chapters are going from here so perhaps I can get some more updates up a bit more quickly. Hope you all enjoy this somewhat random chapter.

********************************************************************

"What about your friends? Will they stand their ground? Will they let you down again?" – What About Your Friends, TLC

Audrey adjusted her shawl over her shoulders as she sat at the head table. The cool autumn air was causing her to shiver. It didn't help that she had to be in the bridesmaid's dress for a few more hours at best. Despite everything that had gone on in the past week with the attack, the meeting, and so on, Krystie and Fred still decided to be wed that weekend. The couple was having their first dance at the moment, so naturally all the eyes were on them.

While Audrey was irritated with the weather, she was trying to make light out of the situation. Even for just a moment, there were no talks of Death Eaters, no threats, no impending war. Plus, it was a wedding, after all, and she did usually enjoy those. Audrey had only been to a handful of weddings her life, including her own, but each and every time the atmosphere got to her. Everyone was usually so happy; the love just overwhelmed everyone in attendance. Needless to say, this one was no different.

It wasn't a large wedding; the only ones in attendance were family members, and the few in their newfound alliance who weren't already family. The Weasleys had set everything up in the countryside next to the Burrow. Truly, despite the short notice, everything had turned out quite lovely. Everyone had pitched in to make sure this day had turned out as perfectly as it should be.

As the song came dwindling to an end and Fred and Krystie stepped off of the dance floor, the guests clapped and cheered, all pretty happy for the newlyweds. Audrey joined in, but only half-heartedly clapping so her shawl stayed on. The newlyweds disappeared from her sight as they made their way over to the punch bowls, presumably to get something to drink. A new song started playing, one that was more upbeat, causing a flood of guests to surge onto the dance floor. Audrey sighed, taking a sip of her water. Admittedly, she would've preferred something a bit stronger at an occasion like this, but due to the baby, alcohol of any kind was not going to happen.

Six months, that voice in the back of her head reminded her. We need a healthy baby. Drink your water and quit complaining.

Audrey's scolding thoughts were interrupted when someone cleared their throat. The girl glanced up and saw Draco hovering over her. "Are you just going to sit there all night and look sad?" he questioned.

"Well, no, I hadn't planned on that," she assured, frowning slightly. "And I don't look sad. Or... at least I don't think I do. Cold, maybe. Sad, no."

Draco smiled, but rolled his eyes. "You're rambling again, sweetie," he mused. "Do you already have pregnancy brain?"

"I haven't started forgetting things yet, so I don't think so," Audrey replied, smiling back at him. "When that starts happening, I'm going to need you, and possibly Artemis, to remind me of everything."

"Between the two of us, I'm sure we can manage keeping your thoughts straight," Draco retorted. "Now... the real reason I came over here. Would you care for a dance?"

"As if you have to ask," Audrey answered, going to stand, but before she got too far, Draco pulled her to feet. "Thanks for that. I can still stand on my own, you know."

He kept his hand firmly on hers, slowly leading her to the dance floor. "I know, but I know you're still recovering from the attack. Any help I can give you, I'm going to. It's not easy for any of us; I can't imagine carrying a baby at the same time."