Smittened

RECAP:

Krysta is in the hospital due to loss of blood and going into shock after she and Zayn crashed while driving through the woods one day after school.

Zayn's P.O.V.

"Oh my god Krysta. What did I do?"

"This is all my fault."

"I'm sorry." Was all I could manage to say and I leaned down and kissed her perfect pink lips.

Still holding her hand. I will wait her until she tells me to leave. I will not leave her side. I could feel more tears begin to fall. This is my fault.

"I'm sorry Krysta."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Krysta's P.O.V.

"Alright darling. I am going to leave you here to rest. If you need anything just push this button that in your hand right here." I hear a nurse tell me. I try to speak or smile, or do something to acknoledge her. She has been very helpful. But I couldn't do anything do to all the swelling and pain. So I just awkwardly wink and blink a bunch of times to tell her I was listening. Then she left me.

'I guess I could try and sleep' I thought to myself. I close my eyes and not long after that I could hear these loud footsteps getting closer and closer. I wonder what that could be. What if it was my mother or father. Suddenly I could hear some beeping get faster and faster. I am about to have a panic attack here in this hospital bed. I don't want them near me. Not now. I quickly came up with a brilliant plan to pretend that I was asleep so that they might leave or at least leave this room. The noise got louder and I quickly shut my eyes.

"Oh my god Krysta. What did I do?" That was the last voice I expected to hear.

"This is all my fault." Zayn is here. Do I open my eyes or not? Then all the sudden he grabbed my hand. I could hear my heart start to race by his touch. I could hear the monitors start to beep louder. If I could I would smack myself in the face for being so dumb. He can hear the monitors. I am so dumb. He probably thinks I am faking this whole thing.

The lighting changed suddenly and I could smell his cologne and feel his hot breath on me. "I'm sorry." I could hear him say. Then I could feel these warm lips on mine. I was so shocked that I was frozen. If he didn't hear my heart monitor, he certainly could now. The kiss was just a sweet peck, but it felt like it lasted a life time. When he pulled away I felt a tear fall on my cheek. Is he crying? Why is he crying? Was it my kiss? My head was filled with all these questions and I'm sure my monitor was going off again.

"Hold yourself together girl!" I thought to myself.

"I'm so sorry Krysta." I heard Zayn speak again. I wanted to scream and tell him that I am alright, but I couldn't. I physically couldn't move at the moment. I know I felt him move away, but he was still holding my hand. He started moving his thumb around in circles on the back of my hand. I got butterflies in my stomach with every circle. How could he have this effect on me, with just the touch of his thumb. I can't imagine what else he could do, with his hands or his...

"Krysta. What happened!" My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of my mother's voice. How did she know I was here? Why of all times does she have to come now?

"What did you do to her? My baby?" Baby? She has never called me that.

"We were driving and there was a deer in the road and Krysta screamed and I turned the wheel so I didn't hit the deer, then we hit a patch of ice and I lost control and we crashed." Zayn's voice was so calm, it made it seem like there was nothing to it and that this was an everyday thing.

"Why was my daughter in the car with, with, you?" I could hear the judgement in her voice. Even with my eyes still closed I know she is looking Zayn up and down and pointing at all his tattoos with her perfectly polished nail.

"Because she is my girlfriend and I was taking her out on a date." Zayn snaped back. I know there is a smug expression on his face. I also know that he thinks that I am still unconscious and can't hear him.

"Girlfriend?" My mother practicly screams. Wait what? Did he really just say that?

"Yes. We have been dating for a while now. She never told you?" What is he getting himself into?

"No. She did not. Becasue she is not dating anyone. She is focused on school. And I know she certainly would never go out with a boy like you." There is the judgement again. I wish I could just scream and tell them all to get out. To stop fighting. And to stop deciding what is best for me.

"Well no matter if you are dating or not. You can leave now. I won't have you in here anymore with her. Once she is awake she will tell me the truth and you will never to be permitted to see my daughter agian." Why mother?

"No. I am not leaving her." I feel Zayn stand up and realize that he is still holding my hand. Aww. He is so sweet. But why is he doing this? Does he really care about me, or is he doing this just in spite of my parents?

"Leave now." I hear my mom say through her teeth.

All the sudden the lights change again and I feel the familar minty breath above me. "Don't worry princess. I'm not leaving. Not now, not tonight, not tomorrow, not ever." Then just as quickly as before, I could feel his lips on mine. But this time I had to see. I opened my eyes just enough to see that is was Zayn then closed them again and kissed him back.

Zayn's P.O.V.

"No. I am not leaving her." I stand up and tighten my grip on Krysta's hand. There is no way this bitch will keep me from her. This is my fault that she is here and I am going to stay until I know she is fine and tells me to leave.

"Leave now." If looks could kill. Man oh man. It looks like she is trying to shoot daggers through her eyes and pierce my heart.

I take one look at her and smile. Then I looked back down at her. She is still as beautiful as before. "Don't worry princess. I'm not leaving. Not now, not tonight, not tomorrow, not ever." Then I leaned down to kiss her just like before. But I was going to linger there a little to rub it in her mom's face. Then all the sudden I could feel her lips moving. Was she kissing me back? When did she wake up? How long was she awake for? Why is she kissing me?

I didn't realize it, but the whole time I was asking myself these questions, I brought my free hand up to her face to hold her. Touch her swollen cheek. And I kissed her back with so much passion, as if this kiss was the only thing that was keeping her alive. And for that moment, I believed it. I was smitten for this girl. I had barely known her and almost killed her, but in that time every emotion has run through my body and I was worried for her the whole time. Yet when she kissed me back, it felt like everything that I have ever done was lifted off my shoulders and didn't matter. All that mattered was that she was kissing me back and I was not going to waste this moment.

When I pulled away I just looked at her. Her big blue eyes looked up into my brown ones and I forgot what just happened. She blinked a few times and tried to speak, but nothing came out. She could barely move her mouth, and yet it was the best kiss I have ever had. And there was nothing involved, no tongue, no grabbing or anything. Just the feeling of her lips on mine. And yet I couldn't get it out of my mind.

"What has she done to me?" I thought to myself.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

Alright guys. I need feedback. What do you think? Please tell me!!! I kinda got carried away writting this and now it is the longest chapter so far. I didn't even expect to start it today, let alone write so much. And for that I would love it if you would please vote and comment. It would make my life!!! Thank you so much chickadees!! I love you all!!

For updates on when I update this story or my other one, The New Sub, either follow me here on wattpad or on my instagram @wmyb_hbg