Hospital

Zayn's P.O.V.

Before I knew it, we were at the hospital where I was rushed out of the ambulance. They grabbed Krysta's stretcher and pulled her out of the cab and into the building. They were running her all around and pushed her into a room that I wasn't allowed in. I walked into the hospital and went up to the lady at the front desk.

"Where do I wait if they just brought someone in?"

"That depends. Who was brought in? Family, friend, other?" She asked.

"It..was...uhh..my girlfriend. We were in a car crash and they rushed her in here."

"She's in operating room 101 and you can wait in the holding room right in front of it." She said so calmly. How could she be so calm. This is not a calm situation. They told me she was fine and now she is in an operating room. How is that fine? How can I be calm? I stopped thinking and rushed off to the holding room.

"Of course there are no windows on the doors!!" I yelled outloud. I hit the wall hard with my fist and yelled again. Damn that hurt. I started pacing around back and forth around the room. I don't even know if she is in there. What they are doing to her. I don't like not knowing what is happening. I finally sit down and look at the clock. 11:37. 'Shit' I thought to myself. I have been with her since 2:30 and I've really only spent an hour at most with her. What is my problem. Her parents are gonna kill me for keeping her out this late.

"HER PARENTS!!" I said a little too loud. They are gonna flip when they find out. She already doesn't stay out late. Now she is with a complete stranger and in the hospital. What will they do to me? How do I tell them? Her phone is back at the wreck and I'm not leaving her to go get it. Was there anything she said that could help me?

"Natalie. Her best friend. I could tell her. But I don't have her number. But I have Niall's. I'll give him a call!" I didn't realize I was talking out loud until I saw a woman looking at me with a deep scowl for yelling in the building. I reach down to grab my phone but remembered that I lost it in the wreck. 'What am I going to do now?' I thought to myself. I looked at the lady again and she was texting. So I got up and walked over to her.

"Umm. Excuse me. Do you think I could borrow your phone?" I asked her trying to be as polite as possible.

"Why?"

"I need to call someone."

"Who?"

"My friend."

"Why?" Man she was nosy.

"Because there is a girl in there because of me and her parents have no idea so I need to call my friend so that he can relay the message and have her parents come here."

"Oh" her face dropped. "Yeah. Here you go" she handed me her phone and I said thank you while dialing Niall's number. Thank god her best friend is my best friend's sister. This could not have been any better.

"Hello?" I hear a distant voice.

"Niall? Can you hear me?" It sounds like there is a party in the background.

"Yeah man. Where are you. This party is amazing. It's someone's eighteenth birthday or something, I don't really know. I don't know who it is for either. But it's pretty cool and that girl Ra..."

"Niall listen. You need to get a hold of your sister and tell her to tell Krysta's parents that she is in the hospital and they need to get here quick!" I interrupted.

"What? Wait. Who?" I could tell he was drunk.

"Is Natalie there with you?" this isn't going to work.

"Yeah she's here with that new kid. Natalie!! Natalie!! I got a call for you!!" I could hear him yell through the party to find his sister. "Hey. Get your hands off my little sister you creep!"

"Niall! Niall! Do you hear me?!?" I started yelling into the phone. This could not get any worse. All the sudden I hear some more yelling and a clunk sound. Damnit Niall. He dropped the phone. Now what?

"Uhh. Hello?" I hear a quite voice start to speak.

"Natalie is that you?!?"

"Yeah. Who is this?" she sounded so scared.

"This is Zayn. I need you to call Krysta's parents and tell them that Krysta is at the hospital and they need to get down here!"

"What the hell did you do to her. If you hurt her in any way I will skin you and hang you on my wall!" she screamed into the phone. Now I'm the scared one.

"We got into an accident. But her parents need to know and I don't know where her phone is. Could you please just call them?" I begged.

"Yeah. But you better hope you're not there when I get there. Or else I'll have your head. That's my best friend and if you hu..."

"Natalie just call them!" I yelled cutting her off.

"Okay." Was all she said and hung up. That couldn't have gotten any worse. I thanked the woman and handed her phone back.

"Who is she?"

"What?"

"Whose the girl in there?" the woman pointed to the operating room doors.

"Oh. She's my uhh...umm..my.." what is she?

"I get it. It's complicated." She chuckled. "Amy" she said and held out her hand.

"Zayn." I reciprocated.

"How long have you two known each other?"

"Well. We have always been in the same grade. But this is our first..well..date I guess you could say."

"Oh." She paused. Then tried to give me a weak smile. "Great first date."

"Yeah. Tell me about it." And then we sat there in silence. I looked at the clock again. It was just past midnight. Then a doctor walked out of the operating room and Amy nudged me to look. I popped right up and ran over to him.

"How is she? Is she alright? Is she awake? Can I see her?"

"Woah there. Slow down. She is fine. She is in recovery. We had to keep her under a watchful eye since she went into shock. But she will be coming out soon and you can see her then."

"Okay." Was all I could manage to say.

"You can wait for her in room 317. They are just finishing the room and then she will be brought up."

"Thank you so much sir!" I grabbed his hand and shook it a couple of times before running to the steps so that I could get to Krysta's room. I flew up two flights of stairs and ran down a small hall. I was reading the doors. ''314. 315. 316. 317!" I rushed in the room and she was already there.

"Oh my god Krysta. What did I do?" she was laying in bed sleeping while monitors beeped next to her. I walked over to her and sat down in a chair next to the bed. "This is all my fault." I told her and grabbed her hand. I could hear some beeping getting faster but didn't look up to see. All I could look at was her beautiful face. I wonder how I never saw it before. But her lips are a perfect pink. And even with a bruised and swollen face. I could still see the dimple in her right cheek. She looked at peace for once. "I'm sorry." Was all I could manage to say and I leaned down and kissed her perfect pink lips. They were cold but warm at the same time. A tear slipped from my cheek and landed on hers. I leaned back and sat back in the chair. Still holding her hand. I will wait her until she tells me to leave. I will not leave her side. I could feel more tears begin to fall. This is my fault.

"I'm sorry Krysta."