What if?

Zayn's P.O.V.

'Okay, so the ambulance will be here soon and then it will be alright.' I said out loud to myself. How could this have happened. I was still playing everything through my head. It was all going so well. I looked over at Krysta to see if she was still unconscious, and she was. What am I going to do? I have been scrambling around for the past five minutes trying to find anything to cover her up. I couldn't leave her here to freeze to death. I already ripped up some of the shirts I had laying in the backseat and tuned them into bandages to try and stop the bleeding on Krysta. I went back over to her and felt her skin. Ice cold. I took off my jacket and put it around her. I fixed the blanket on her so that she was totally covered. I just held her tight and tried to warm her as best as I could. I kissed her forehead in hopes that something would happen, but nothing. I don't know what I was thinking. I'm not sure what happened next but I started to feel my cheeks begin to get real cold, and wet. I touched my face when I realized that I was crying. 'This is all my fault!' I said out loud again. Why now, why her?

*sirens*

All the sudden I could hear sirens in the background and looked around to see if I could see any light. I picked Krysta up and carried her towards the road so that they could find us. Surely enough two police cars and an ambulance raced down the road in our direction. 

"It will be all right Krysta. Help is here. You are safe now. Just hold on. Please. For me." I whispered to her and held her tighter. The police came closer and closer and stopped right in front of me and people in the ambulance jumped out in a panic and ran towards Krysta and me.

"Sir, how many people were in the car?" I hear a police man ask as the people rush towards us.

"It was just us two. Please help her." I begged

"Don't worry sir, we will take good care of your girlfriend. Now please put her on the stretcher so we can put her in the ambulance and take her to the hospital." The driver of the ambulance told me.

"Oh..okay."

"Now sir what is your name?" The cop asked me.

"Uhh..Zayn. Zayn Malik." I was focusing all my attention and didn't realize the police officer was talking to me at first. "I'm sorry I cannot do this now. Can I please go with her and you can ask me questions later?" I asked the man, tears streaming down my face.

"It is not policy, but I will allow it. I am going to look around here and then meet you at the hospital. Quick go and jump in the ambulance before they drive away. Tell them that I sent you."

"Thank you so much!" I yelled as I ran towards the ambulance. I looked in and saw they had Krysta hooked up to so many machines. She looked so helpless and lifeless. It pained me to see her like this. I know I haven't really known her long but I still can't help but feel guilty for this all. Why did I have to take her this way anyway. It's all...

"Well are you coming in or not? We need to leave now!" One of the parametics yelled at me while the other was doing tests on Krysta. I just nodded and jumped in. He closed the doors and we rushed off to the hospital. 

"Is she going to be alright? Will she survive?" I was asking so many questions. The one parametic gave me with a sympathetic look.

"She has lost a lot of blood. She went into shock due to the amount of blood loss and the temperature outside. But her levels are coming back to normal and has a good chance." The man said trying to comfort me. But seeing her like this was heartbreaking. I looked up at him and he smiled at me. I guess thats a good sign. He then gestured for me to switch spots with him so I could be closer to Krysta. I was now at her face and I grabbed her hand. 

"It's going to be alright baby. Don't worry. I'm right here and will never leave. Just stay strong princess." I whispered to her and kissed her hand.

"All her levels are perfect, and her heart is stablizing. I'll run some more tests once we get to the hospital." The one man spoke after a while. I gave them a strange look.

"Well she seems stable. She just needs a lot of rest. She has been through a lot." The parametic that switched seats told me.

"Oh. Okay. How much longer till the hospital?" I questioned. 

"Well, since you two live at the edge of the town, then went even farther away when you went to the woods, it will take another half an hour."

"Oh." Was all I could say. I am never taking her far away from a hospital again. If she will go out with me again at least. 

"The name's Randy by the way. And this is Steve." He said while pointing to the man across from me. 

"Zayn." I said and looked back down at Krysta.

"So how long have you two been dating?" Randy asked me.

"Uhh..well..today was our first sort of date I guess. Today was the first day we have really talked to eachother." I confessed.

"Oh..." Randy seemed surprised and gave a weird look to Steve.

"What?" I asked.

"It just seems like you are...in love...with her." He said and looked at Steve again. Then there was a long pause. I gave him a questioning look. "Well by the way you look at her, I could tell you cared for her. Then the way you were talking to her, with the baby's and princess's, it just seemed like you were a couple. But forget it." He seemed kind of embarrassed.

"Really?" I looked back at Krysta. I'm not sure how he could see it, but I didn't see any of it.

"Yeah...we've had our share of couples in here. Newely weds, ones that have been married for years, and teenage lovers. But none have been so worried or concerned as you are. I mean, they have been worried about their partner, but there is something different about you." He finally stopped talking when Steve gave him another look.

"Oh.." was all I could say. What if? I asked myself, but then put it beside me when I came to reality that she will never want to go anywhere with me again. But then again...what if?

-------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Please tell me how it is? My schedule has been uber busy lately with school, finals, and sports. I have been trying to keep up with writing, but have been falling behind and am getting a couple of paragraphs here and there typed on my phone. I hope you still like it!!! Vote and Comment please!! Love you all my little chickadees!!