Mistake

Heyz. I know I should have this author's note thingy at the end of the story but nah. No one reads author's note anyway. (Well, most people don't. If you are reading this, you awesome :))

Ok, I'll be ending the story soon. Three or four more chapters, if I'm not lazy. XD.

On with the story! Lalala

***

'Sasori danna...' Kiko's eyes lit up as she stood up, looking at the redhead.

The nin's eyes widened and he stammered, "B-but I just killed you! You should be burnt to ashes by now!"

"What you have burnt," Sasori calmly said as he flung his arms to a side, using his chakra strings to fling the kunais that were suppose to kill Kiko away. "Is merely nothing but a subsitution jutsu of mine. Of course, Hiroku shall have the need for repairing later but I just simply can't sit back and watch you kill my partner."

Kiko's inner fan girl soared at being called Sasori's partner.

"Now," Sasori's eyes narrowed and he open his palms. "I'll teach you why no one messes with her."

Flames shot out, engulfing the nin and drowning his screams. Turning around, the puppet master's brown eyes bored into Kiko. "You alright?"

She nodded.

"Remember - you have only one chance in life. Feelings are a weakness and don't let them hold you down."

"Hey!" Deidara shouted, on his clay bird. "You two coming or not, un?!"

***

She shouldn't have.

Kiko really, really, shouldn't have.

In fact, she shouldn't have even liked Sasori in the first place.

Let's rewind.

It was during the mid afternoon and it was when everybody was in their rooms, on missions or out training. Kiko wandered into the living room and saw a familiar redhead, leaning against the sofa with his eyes closed.

Sasori had never looked that peaceful.

Logic would be screaming at Kiko that one, Sasori didn't sleep. And two, she should turn around and leave. But the girl was drawn to who calm Sasori looked and... his lips.

Kiko had wandered in front of Sasori before she realized in. She wasn't even sure why she was leaning closer and by the time she realized it, her lips were already upon Sasori's. They were wood like Kiko had expected but as soft as wood can possibly get. For one mad moment, Kiko thought she felt Sasori kiss back but of course it can't be.

Feeling Sasori jolt, Kiko quickly sprang away and his eyes snapped open, glaring at her.

"What were you doing?"

Kill me now. 'Nothing, Sasori danna. I mean. I mean. I... I fell and-'

"Liar," Sasori hissed, glare becoming much fiercer. "Haven't I told you many times that feelings are nothing but a weakness, brat?"

Suddenly, Kiko found her eyes stinging and vision incredibly blurry, swimming out of focus. Luckily, the awkward silence was broken when Itachi walked in. He took one look at the situation - Kiko's eyes brimming and Sasori glaring - then he spoke in a quiet voice, telling the girl it was time for her training.

For once Deidara was ultra tactful, going out of his way not to anger Sasori nor to tease Kiko. Three days of each of them staying in their own room, Deidara decided to do something. After getting permission from Pein, Deidara requested for Hidan to host that event.