Silence and bonds

"How is she?"

Deidara paused with his hand reaching for the knob and turned to the blue haired woman. "Konan. Nah, she's still the same. You know, refusing to communicate, get out of her room...."

Konan nodded sympathetically. Ever since Deidara (and Sasori) heard Kiko speak, Deidara shouted for the Akatsukis. The Akatsukis crowded around her, trying to get Kiko to speak. Of course, that only encouraged the girl to get frightened and huddle into her little shell.

It's been a week since she had been hiding in her room, refusing to communicate.

"Where's Sasori?" Konan glanced around, trying to spot the puppet master.

Deidara shrugged. "I don't know. Why?"

"Well, seeing as Kiko seems quite close to him, I would think she may communicate with him."

"Danna's probably in his room-"

"I'm here, idiot."

The pair turned around, spotting Sasori leaning against the doorframe with an annoyed expression on his face. Konan gave a curt nod and after saying that she will be on her way, the two men walked into Kiko's room.

Her eyes narrowed and she pulled her duvet around herself, hunching herself in her little cavern.

Deidara sighed. "Come on, un, don't be like that..."

Sasori snorted, standing near the bed. "Please. You were the one announcing to the whole room that the brat spoke..."

The duvet was ripped off fiercely and Kiko glared. 'I. Did. Not. Speak.'

Sasori retorted with an equally fierce glare. "Two people heard you clearly. Can you not say you did not speak?"

'For three years, I'll been mute! What makes you think I can start speaking now?! Stop trying to make me and stop conducting all these weird tests to find my voice! Leave me alone!'

With that, the duvet was wrapped around her again. Deidara sighed. "Maybe... Maybe Kiko's right, un? Maybe it was a mistake? Maybe we should just forget about everything?"

The duvet cavern opened an inch. Blue eyes peeked out. 'You won't conduct anymore tests on me?"

Deidara hopefully nodded. "If you will come out."

'Deal.' The duvet was thrown to a side and Kiko sat up straight, smiling. Unbeknownst to her, Sasori, who was watching from a corner had his lips curving to a slight smile.

***

Kiko enjoys the time when Sasori opens up.

It started with an innocent session of her helping him with his puppets a few days after the whole not communicating thing.

'Sasori danna... Were you trained as a medical ninja in your old village?'

He paused, hand hovering over his blueprint. "Why do you ask?"

'I... That time, when I was hit by poison... You removed it.'

Sasori kept quiet, only the sound of the pencil lead scratching the blueprint paper filled the room. "My grandma was a medic nin."

Kiko nodded. 'Your parents?'

Sasori shot her the most deadliest glare she ever witness. "It's none of your business, brat."

Her eyes widened and she bit her lip. 'I'm sorry, danna. I-'

"It doesn't mean that you got your brorther, your family, living still it means that everyone has a complete family."