Escaping and learning

"Brat, what are you waiting for?! Hurry up!'

Kiko silently panted, shaking her head. Her breath seemed to be heavy and her throat burned. Her side was so painful, it felt as if it would fall apart any second

"She can't go on," Deidara said. "Her fitness level sucks."

Sasori made a noise of irritation before snapping at Kiko. "Well, you are in the Akatsuki now. You have to be more physically fit."

'Try running a maraton in a dress!'

 "Not amusing, brat."

'No one asked for your opinion.'

Suddenly, something shot out out the ground, wrapping around Kiko's leg and making her fall on the ground with a resounding thud. The black shadow like thing wrapped tightly around the girl, making her squirm.

The footsteps of people after them were also becoming louder.

"Danna, we gotta do something- Danna! Where're you going?!"

Sasori paused, turning. "... Maybe she's strong enough to escape by her own."

"What?! Are you suggesting I leave my only sister alone?! But she's so young! And-"

"Weak." Sasori gave Deidara a hard look. "Weak people shouldn't join the Akatsuki."

"C'mon danna! Don't be-"

"Hey! One of our shadow guards caught one of them!"

Both men turn to look at Kiko, who looked back with pleading eyes. 

"Danna, please, she's-"

"Shut up already," Sasori snapped, stretching his arms out and uncletching his fists.

Kiko blinked. What-?

Scrolls shot out slightly and fire flared out, aiming straight for the shadow guard around Kiko's leg. Roughly pulling her up, Sasori grabbed her wrist and charged down the hallway, fingers around Kiko's wrist. Only when they reached Deidara's bird then Sasori released her.

 'Thanks, danna. I mean. I mean. Like-'

"Spit it out brat; I don't have all day."

Kiko's eye twitched as she resisted the urge to haul Sasori of the flying bird. Right. When she thought of him as someone who can care, he went on being an jerk. 'Thanks for saving me.'

Sasori scoffed, turning his back to her. "That idiot of your brother wouldn't stop bugging me to help you. It was not like I had a choice to not save you."

KIko scowled, turning her back to him as well.

***

Once they got back to the base and given the scroll to Pein, Sasori headed straight to his room. Kiko found it odd and being curious as she is, she was about to go after her when she felt someone pulling the back of her shirt.

 "Hold it, girl," Kisame grinned, flashing his unusually sharp teeth.

'Kisame-senpai.' To tell the truth, Kiko was a teensy weensy bit afraid of the shark man. Partially because of his scary appearance, sharp teeth and mainly because of his... sword.

Kisame scratched the back of his head. "I don't understand what you said, with your translators both gone, but I'm willingly to bet you were acknowledging me. It's your turn to do the dinner tonight."

Kiko's shoulders droop. Of course. It was her turn to cook dinner tonight. Knowing that Kisame didn't understand her, she nodded and made her way to the kitchen. Food... What to feed a bunch of starving males?