The mission preparation

Deidara frowned slightly, watching his sister stare at Sasori. She had her eyes fixed on him since they left the base. Her gaze on Sasori's back never wavered. Suddenly, Kiko paused, as if realizing someone was watching her, turned and caught Deidara's eye. Her face's color brightened and she looked away.

Deidara inched his way closer to Kiko and whispered in her ear, "You like Sasori danna, un?"

Kiko's face became even brighter. 'Of course not, nii-san. Why do you ask?' If there was such thing as stuttering in sign language, Kiko was doing it. Her hands shook and her fingers trembled.

"You've been staring at him ever since he took his old amour off." Deidara's lips lifted in a smirk, slinging his arm over Kiko's shoulders, nudging her. Kiko gritted her teeth, shoving his arm off and digging him hard in the ribs.

'Nii-san... Please communicate with sign language.'

"Why, un? You do know that he can understand, un?" Deidara spoke in a loud voice. Sasori's head ever so slightly twitched, as if going to turn.

'Nii-san!' Kiko signed, face of picture of a horrified expression.

'Alright,' Deidara signed. 'Geez, are you uptight. So, you like danna, un?'

'No! I mean, you don't like someone because of their looks!' Kiko frantically signed. 'You like someone because they interest you! Because you have lots in common with them! Because you can connect with them!'

'Sappy as always, un,' Deidara rolled his eye. 'So you're telling me you stare at him for no reasons at all? Kiko, I've been with Sasori to the pub during a mission if needed, un. I seen the way women look at him.'

'I don't like him. Fine. Maybe a bit. Maybe. Just attraction. Shut up, Deidara-nii.' Kiko crossed her arms, turning away and hair sliding forward, covering her face from Deidara's view.

"Fu...Fufu," Deidara snickered. His sister liking Sasori? Now that was something new. Oh the glory of being able to now tease Kiko without worring about hurting her feelings or making her cry.

Sasori turned around, raising an eyebrow. "What you laughing at now, idiot?"

"I thought you called me brat?" Deidara pouted. Brat, he can handle. But idiot...

"Your sister is brattier than you."

Kiko's eye twitched. 'Should I be flattered?' Flattered that her brother's... ahem, nickname was now hers?

Sasori glared. "Don't forget, I am every bit your senpai and I can understand sign language. Don't make me angry."

Kiko's lip trembled and she stepped behind Deidara. 

He sighed. "Danna... You have to stop scaring her. She's young."

"We've been through this before," Sasori said, turning back to the front. "Besides. If she can't take the heat, why did she join Akatsuki? Bimbos should be dolling themselves up, not in some criminal organization."

Bimbo? Kiko frowned and gritted her teeth, lips parted in a silent growl. Running in front of Sasori, she signed, 'Don't underestimate me! You don't know me!' 

Kiko's head pounded as images of her parents death flashed in her head. The shinobis of her village did not care to find those who did it as it was a higher ranked ninja. Kiko, from that moment knew that this was not justice.

Justice was when she could control what she did; whom she did it for and how she did it. But Sasori didn't know that. Right now, he thinks of her as an airhead; a bimbo who was scared of everything. All Kiko was afraid of was men - and because of that, Sasori as well.