Gone with the sand

When the infamous trio of the Akatsuki were informed their latest mission was to bring to Kazekage -  also known as the jinchuuriki of Shukaku - to the Akatsuki headquarters, Kiko immediately asked Sasori if he felt was comfortable with that. He asked why wouldn't he and Kiko answered that seeing Suna was his old village and such.

Sasori's exact response was, "I'm a puppet, brat. I don't feel."

Reassuring.

Not.

***

'Where's nii-san?' Kiko signed to Sasori, who was in Hiroku, after he set the traps ready. Deidara was gone for a long time, supposed to be defeating the Kazekage, known as Gaara.

Sasori shrugged. "Taking a long time as usual... Wonder how long he's doing to make me wait."

Not a moment after he said that, a figure appeared in the sand, hovering a few feet above ground. Deidara's truimphant grin emerged as he stood on his bird and perched on its tail was none other than the Kazekage himself.

Kiko smiled. Sasori scowled. "Took you long enough, idiot."

The older blonde shrugged, gesturing to Gaara. "Put up bit of a fight, un."

Sasori turned and started walked, with his others partners following him. Then, after a good distance, Sasori stopped.

Deidara glanced down from his clay bird. "What's wrong, danna?"

"You caught up quick," the redhead (who was now currently a blading old man) said calmly, turning around. Kiko whirled around, facing a boy who was clad in black.

The boy looked at Gaara, snarling. "Put Gaara down."

Being refused, he took out scrolled and scrolls. "Get ready for a puppet show." Having said that, puppets appeared.

Hey, I recognize these.... These are sketches of puppets that Sasori made before! Kiko thought.

Sasori was clearly interested. Turning to Deidara, he said, "You go first. I shall catch up later. And," Sasori looked at Kiko. "You go back to Suna and make sure they don't catch up to us. Stall them."

Kiko nodded, pulling her flute out and one of her sandstorm bottled can. The boy with the face paint's eyes widened and he tried to stop her, but she quickly opened the can, masking her escape as she chakra jumped back to Suna.

Only she wasn't expecting a whole crowd of Suna nins who were clearly pissed off.

***

"Chiyo baa-sama, I think she's coming round."

Kiko's eyes snapped open, remembering she was in a middle of a fight. She shot out, frantically looking around, realizing she was propped against a tree trunk, her clothes were tattered and there was a crowd of people around her.

One blonde boy, a rosette girl, a shinobi, a nindo; who all bore a headband with the symbol of the lead. Then Kiko's breathing hitched as she looked the lady who was addressed as Chiyo.

That graying hair. Those kind eyes.

Sasori danna's grandmother....

'Why... why am I here?'

To Kiko's surprise, Chiyo answered. "You are found unconscious by us around the outskirts of Suna just now."

'You... understand sign?'

"Of course. My daughter had communicated in sign."

No wonder Sasori danna understands sign...

"Are you a kunoichi?" the rosette kindly asked.

Kiko paused, wavering. 'I've been trained to defend myself, but I am not skilled.' That wasn't entirely a lie.

After the Chiyo translated what she said and the old round of introductions, Kiko asked if she could help them to search for the Akatsuki. Of course, she had to fib her way through, claiming that she had a friend in Suna (not a lie; Sasori was from Suna) and that she heard that the Kazekage had been taken from the Akatsuki.

Naruto, (one of the jinchuuriki as Kiko had been told by Itachi-senpai) happily agreed, more than willing to have extra help. Kakashi, the sensei, seemed a bit more suspicious but glancing again at the blonde haired little girl who seemed so innocent and was not that much older than Sakura and Naruto herself with her huge innocent blue eyes, the sensei relented, think she couldn't be a threat.

***

The shapeshifting jutsu works all the time, Kiko thought as the clones of the defeated Kisame and Itachi turned back to the living sacrifices. Heaving irritated sighs, both teams - another Konoha intruder, Kiko sourly thought - walked to the front of the hideout.

Should I stop them? Kiko thought.

Kiko, Pein's voice resounded in her head. Don't do anything. Your team can take them on.

After the other team had left, gone to remove those seals, Sakura started cracking her knuckles. "Right." Giving a shout, she run forward, destroying the entire wall.

Kiko shivered. What strength...

The wall crumpled, revealing Deidara, who was sitting on the corpse of the Kazekage, with the most smug grin on his face while Sasori, still in Hiruko, stood quietly aside.

"What are you sitting on?!" Naruto demanded, eyes turning red.

Deidara's eyes flickered to Kiko before the smug grin plastered on his face. Sasori sighed softly, shaking his head.

"The jinchuuriki," Deidara said, getting up.

Sasori gave a grunt and his lips curved to a smirk inside of Hiruko. "I see you have met my partner..."

"Partner?" Sakura spoke softly, looking around.

"Nice of you to tend to an Akatsuki's wound," Deidara commented.

Kakashi's eye widened in shock before he quickly grabbed a kunai. Throwing it in Kiko's direction, her eyes narrowed and she jumped out of the way, landing beside Sasori as she grabbed her flute.

"Fast reflexes," Kakashi muttered, tone low. "I should have known that you were an Akatsuki as well."

Typical nii-san and Sasori danna, Kiko thought, resisting to roll her eyes as somehow after a few minutes when their conversation turned to a debate of art. Deidara threw clay in the air, and grabbed Gaara, taunting Naruto.

Naruto gave a shout of fury and mindlessly chased after Deidara. Kakashi, left with no options, followed him.

"The Copy nin and the jinchuuriki of the Kyuubi," Deidara said, smirking as he flew. "It must be my lucky day."

"Deidara you idiot," Sasori muttered. "Go after him," he said to Kiko.

'But, danna-'

"I can handle them by myself. Do you trust me?"

Beneath the eyeholes of Hiruko, Sasori's calm brown eyes stared back at her. Kiko nodded. I would trust you with my life.

"Good. Now go."

With one last look behind her shoulder, Kiko chakra jumped off in the direction of Deidara, thinking she would meet up with Sasori soon after this battle.

How wrong she was....

______________________

OMG, like, it's either one or two chapters left! XD. Thank you for your lovely comments, my dear readers. I FREAKING LOVE YOU GUYS!

On a sadder note, I'm sure what everybody knows what is coming next. ;.;

Fear not! I am a fan of happy endings! I live and breathe them!

Trolololol.

Comment/fan/whatever :))