Chapter 17 - Confessions

Smokescreen's P.O.V.

Me and the others were back at Cybertronian Command, getting ready to form a plan on how to bust into Velocitron without being detected, and free Aura. I was waiting for the others to finish up with Strika's body when Ultra Magnus walked in. I glanced down, thinking of my dream. Would Ultra Magnus want to know, since he was her father?

"Morning Smokescreen." said Ultra Magnus. "Good morning commander." I replied. "The others should be arriving soon." said Ultra Magnus. "Right." I nodded and then looked up. "May I speak to you, sir?" "Of course Smokescreen." answered Ultra Magnus. Me and Ultra Magnus walked over to the main circular computer table and each took a seat. "So, what is this about?" "It's about Aura." I answered.

His optics widened. "Aura?" he repeated.

I nodded. "Yes. I had a dream about her last night. Though, I didn't dream her up, she came to me in my dream."

"How is that possible?" asked Ultra Magnus. "Well, you know how Eve has telekinetic abilities like her mother, Eylon?" I reminded in reply. "Yes I am aware of that." said Ultra Magnus. "Well while both Aura and Eve were captured, Eve created a mental connection with Aura's mind, allowing her to communicate through thoughts just like Eve." I explained. "She used that exact trick to contact me."

Ultra Magnus looked shocked. "Did she now? And what did she say to you?" "First of all, she told me she's still alive and well." I explained. "No harm has come to her since the escape." "Yes, yes, go on." Ultra Magnus prompted. "And she also mentioned about her, finding her king." I added.

"Did she now?" He looked hopeful. "And who is the King?"

I glanced down before I said quietly, "Me."

"You?" asked Ultra Magnus in surprise. "Yes sir." I answered. He seemed to be deep in thought. He got up from his seat, crossing his arms behind his back as he walked and looked out the window that had a view of the city. "Sir?" I asked nervously.

Ultra Magnus then proceeded to a vault that was stuck in the wall, and opened it. He brought out a metallic staff with ancient Cybertronian markings from different eras in Cybertron's history. "This staff was created by Prima, the leader of the 13 original Primes. Since then, it has been pasted down to new generations of Kings. Zeta Prime had it, Mirage held on to it for a while before his death, even I was given it for a short time. But now, I believe it is about time that a new King should claim it." explained Ultra Magnus.

"Sir, are you saying--?" I asked.

"If Aura has choosen you to be her King, I will honor it. I've been watching you for a long time Smokescreen. You are strong, passionate, and these are traits of a great leader." continued Ultra Magnus. He turned to me, I was surprised to see the smile on his face. "I'm glad it's you," she said. "I know you'll look after Aura."

He walked over and handed me the staff. It was an incredible piece of work. "Thank you sir." I replied. He nodded. "Just take care of her for me, Smokescreen."

"I will." I replied. At that point, the rest of the mechs walked in. Mirage and Bumblebee leading. "Sorry we're late." apologized Bumblebee. "No need to apologize Bumblebee." assured Ultra Magnus. "Just finishing up with something." Mirage stepped forward and spotted the staff in my hands.

He gasp a word in Cybertronian before officially speaking. "The Royal Staff."

"Uh, yeah." I looked down. "Eve taught Aura how to communicate in dreams, and she came to me... she told me that she'd found her King."

"Wait, does that mean...?" asked Wheeljack in shock. "That's great!" cheered Wildstrike. "Congratulations Smokescreen!" "Now that Aura has choosen her king, we can finally end this once and for all." said Bumblebee. "But we still may need to break her out of Velocitron. I don't believe Ransack would be in a peaceful mode of negotiation." explained Ultra Magnus.