Chapter 4 - Interrogation

Aura's P.O.V.

I was waiting in the front hall for my fathers arrival when I heard the front doors open. I looked up to see Ultra Magnus walk through the doors. "Father, how goes the hunt for Shockwave?" I asked.

"Bumblebee, Smokescreen and Wheeljack have reported in," Ultra Magnus replied. "Unfortunately, they have lost Shockwave, but say they will return with what appears to be one of his experiments." My optics widened. An experiment of Shockwave's would certainly be dangerous. "And what sort of experiment would this be?" I asked. "A Dinobot femme by the name of Strika," my father explained. "The three hope that they will be able to interrogate her on the location of Shockwave." "Another Dinobot?" I repeated. Well, I hadn't been expecting that. "Well, I hope we can learn more on Shockwave's location through her."

"I hope so. I've heard strange stories about her from the other Dinobots before they went missing. Apparently she's supposed to be a psychopath and doesn't quite take too kindly to us or the other Dinobots." explained Ultra Magnus. "That sounds terrible." I replied. "Indeed," Ultra Magnus replied. "It is good that they have managed to secure her. If not, Shockwave could've used her to cause some heavy damage." "Which wouldn't be good for anyone," I finished. I shuddered, thinking of how much damage that Dinobot could inflict upon everyone.

We arrived at the docking bay just as the Jackhammer came into view. It landing on the landing pad and the three mechs walked out, Wheeljack and Smokescreen bringing out the Dinobot prisoner. "That's her?" I asked. Bumblebee, who was at the front of the group, nodded. "Yes. That's Strika," he said. I studied the Dinobot and turned to the group. "Do you think she will be able to provide any information on Shockwave?" I asked. "Sure hope so," Wheeljack said. "We went into a lot of trouble to get her into this state." "She was tough to defeat," Smokescreen said, nodding agreement, "but she wasn't ready for the Phase Shifter." I laughed as they neared. "Well, at least you caught her," I said.

"Bring hero inside boys. The interrogation room is ready." said Ultra Magnus. All of us went inside the palace as Blitzstorm and my father showed us the way into the Interrogation room. Cleverly enough it was in the basement, that way Strika wouldn't be able to go anywhere. Quickly, Blitzstorm and Smokescreen secured Strika with energon chains, the chains glowing blue. I glanced over at my father, Bumblebee and Wheeljack and raised an optic ridge. "When do you think she'll wake up?" I asked. "Soon," Bumblebee responded. As though on cue, as Bumblebee finished speaking, Strika's optics flickered. We watched as they continued to flicker as she came to. When they glowed brightly, she looked around and understood the position she was in.

"Alright Strika start talking. The sooner we get this done, the sooner you can get out of here." said Wheeljack. "So where's Shockwave?" asked Smokescreen. "I don't know! he just left me there in that amusement park!" answered Strika. "For what purpose?" asked Ultra Magnus. "How should I know?! I've been in stasis for over 2000 stelar cycles!" answered Strika.

************

Shockwave's P.O.V.

I rode in my tank mode through the rusty abandon streets of Kaon. Thankfully, the Autobots have started construction here yet. So this was the perfect place for my temporary station of operations. I'll have a new lab soon enough. I transformed into my robot mode as I entered my lab. This was originally Soundwave's old workshop before the war started. As I entered the lab, my communications monitor went off. I walked over to towards up and brought up the transmission to see a red figure with black, white, and golden highlights with dark green optics. "Did the Autobots take the bait?" asked the figure.

"Yes, soon she will run rampage on the city as you planned." I answered. "Perfect! And that's where I'll come in and steal the show! I'll rule the kingdom of both Velocitron and Cybertron!" cheered the figure. "But the Blood Line Code isn't in effect yet. The Princess still has a few days left." I pointed out. "Oh, I'll worry about that later. Soon Shockwave, the new age of the Decepticons shall begin. WIth Princess Aura right in the palm of my hand." said the figure.

************

Aura's P.O.V.

"But he woke you up for a reason," Bumblebee said. "To get you all off his trail," Strika responded. "I don't know! I just woke up from stasis and he was driving away, and then I saw you and attacked! Really, I don't know anything!" "It truly seems she doesn't know any of Shockwave's recent movements," I murmured. "How can we be sure she isn't lying?" Smokescreen asked.

"Hello?! I can hear you! I'm not lying! I speak the truth, I may be a psychopath to you, but I am a Cybertronian of my word!" said Strika.

"I am inclined to agree with Strika," Ultra a Magnus said. "She truly appears to have no knowledge on Shockwave." "Then we're back to square one," Smokescreen said glumly. "Trying to find signs of Shockwave and marking places off the map." "We're going to have to do it, though," Bumblebee said. "We can't let Shockwave remain on the loose for much longer."

"Now that this predicament is over...." said Strika. She extended her finger nails and used all of her strength in her arms to break free of the energon chains. "I'm out of here!" she sliced the door open and bolted down the hallway. "She's getting away!" said Wheeljack. "We can't let her run loose in the city." I stated. "After her!" We all ran out after here, Smokescreen and Bumblebee taking the lead, firing their energon blasters at the rouge Dinobot. They ran out into her direction which lead outside to the front of the palace. "Where did she go?" asked Blitzstorm. "Split up, search the area." ordered Ultra Magnus. "Aura, stay here." "But--" "Stay."

I sighed and crossed my arms, my optics narrowed as I watched them all leave. The moment they all disappeared from view I found that I couldn't remained cooped up inside, waiting for them to return. Too much was at stake; I'd go bored and crazy waiting. I walked outside, hoping to get a view of what was happening. I was a bit worried when I saw some signs of a fight, but told myself everyone was alright. If there had been casualties, injured or offlined, there would be bodies, too.

As I waited, the sounds of the fight suddenly stopped. I heard footsteps all around me, so I looked but no one was there. Then I heard a cracking sound from above me. I looked up to see Strika on one of the balconies. "Nice knowing ya!" she yelled.

She sliced one of the pillars with her finger nails and it plumated down towards me. IMy optics widened with fear as I tried to run, but my legs were in shock that I couldn't move.

"Aura!" yelled Smokescreen. I saw him in full speed towards me, but to my surprise I was already tackled out of the way by another mech just as the pillar crashed into pieces to the ground. I looked up at the mech who had green optics and a red paint job, with black, white, and golden highlights. At first, I didn't recognise the mech. After a while, I managed to pull together memories to give this mech an identity. My eyes widened in recognition. I hadn't met him in person, but he'd been described to me and I'd seen images. And if heard of him a lot recently in the push to get me to select a King for Cybertron. A certain mech who had sided with the Decepticons. "Ransack," I growled. "Looks like I got here just in time." said Ransack. he got up from the ground and extended his hand towards me. I hesitated at first, wondering if he could be trusted. Although he did save my life so I guess I should at least be a little respectful. I took his hand and he hoisted me up to my feet just as the others arrived.

"Is that - Ransack?" Smokescreen asked. I looked between the two and nodded. "Uh, yes. It is. Smoke, he just..." I hesitated before I added, "saved my life." I could almost feel the shock from the others. "He saved your life?" Wheeljack repeated. "But from all the stories I heard, he was a Decepticon." "Why would he want to save Aura's life?" Bumblebee continued. They all looked extremely confused.