Chapter 15 - Christmas

Cole's P.O.V.

Christmas decorations were up all over the room as different members of Unit E got together for their annual Christmas Party. SInce everyone would be away during the holidays, Miko decided to throw this party for the staff for them to say their final goodbyes before they headed off to see their family. It's kind of ironic though. I was hopping to leave and see my family. My entire family. I glanced at the space bridge controls, then down at the spot where it would appear.

I imagined in my head Aura and the others showing up. You know, being the holidays and all. I was interupted by Miko who slapped me on the back hard but playfully. "Dude! Turn that frown upside down!" said Miko. "It's a Christmas party!" "I know Miko, and thanks for setting this up. It's just that, I was hoping the others would be here to enjoy the holiday with us." I replied. Miko's expression changed as she placed a hand on my shoulder. "Yeah, I know what you mean. I miss them a lot. Esspecially Bulkhead." she admitted.

"Hey Miko!" called out a man at the juice bar. "We need for eggnog!" "Coming right up!" yelled Miko. She brought something out of her pocket and handed it to me. "Happy Holidays Cole." Once she let me be, I opened my hand to see the object that Miko gave to me. A candy cane. I smiled down at it and unwrapped it and putting it in my mouth as I made my way to the front entrance.

I leaned on the door and looked up at the sky. Snowflakes were coming down as I looked up at the stars, and looking straight a red blue star near the moon. Ratchet had pointed out to me and the others that it was Cybertron, and that if we ever felt lonely, we'd just have to look up at the star and think of our friends. I miss you Madalyn. I really do.

*********

Smokescreen's P.O.V.

I was looking out the window of Cybertron Command. Decorations were up, and lights were lit all over the city for the holidays. I remember back in the day when Aura and the kids first told me and the others about Christmas. Spending time with family, feasts, gift exchanges, sounds pretty good to me. But it would be better if Aura was here to see this and enjoy it with us. She loves Christmas.

The others were out celebrating for the night and then they would resume the rescue plan in the morning. But I decided to stay behind. It just didn't feel the same without her. "Merry Christmas Mr. Smokescreen." said a voice. My optics widened and I looked behind me to see Eve extending a present towards me. "This is for you." I smiled down at the girl as I kelt down in front of her. "For me? You shouldn't have." I replied. "I wanted to." stated Eve with a smile. "Open it."

I took the present and pressed the button at the top. The present transformed into a flat metal surface and on it was a photo. A photo of me and Aura. I smiled down at the photo, my optics tearing up slightly. "Thank you Eve. That was very sweet of you." I said. "Your welcome." she replied. I gave her a hug and she returned the favour. "Shouldn't you be with your parents at the party?" I asked. "I wanted to give you your present before we left." answered Eve. "I'm meeting them there."

I nodded in understanding as I released her from the hug and we both looked through the window. "You know, if I had one Christmas wish this year, it'd be to have Aura here tonight." said Eve. "Same with me kiddo." I replied. "Come on, I'll take you to the party." Eve smiled happily as I followed her out of the room and turned off the lights. "You know we're not suppose to give presents away until Christmas day right?" I reminded. "I know. But I felt like you needed it sooner." replied Eve.

The two of us walked down the street, admiring all the lights and ecorations as we passed them by. A group of carolers were singing in the middle of Town Square in front of Optimus's statue. We passed by it and entered the resturant where everyone was having the party. They all sat at a big table. Ultra Magnus sat at the end while Mirage II, Wildstrike, Bumblebee, Avis, Wheeljack, and Bulkhead sat on one side and Rampage, Arsonel, Blitzstorm, Lunar, Dusksmite, Knockout, and Eylon on the other. There were two seats left to Ultra Magnus's right.