Chapter 24: Everlasting Hope

Chapter 24- Everlasting Hope

"Did you hear?" a girl said in a tiny voice, barely audible for the people around her to hear.

"Yeah, yeah we heard!" another girl whispered excitedly.

"Huh, what happened?" a clueless girl from the crowd spoke.

"What! You still don't know?" the first girl exclaimed quietly.

"No." the clueless girl said sheepishly.

"Yamanaka Ino, the former leader of Sasuke's fan club, has canceled her arranged marriage with Sasuke! And furthermore, she stepped down from her position as the fan club leader!"

One by one, the crowd of girls began chattering excitedly.

"I heard that she's having her eyes on Nara Shikamaru."

"Yeah, yeah."

"Who's the new leader now?"

"Hitomi Harashida."

"Her!"

"Yeah...oh there she is!"

"So, I guess you have all heard the wonderful news." Hitomi spoker in an arrogant voice, with an evil grin in her face.

"Yes, what do we do now Hitomi-sama?"

"Now that we got Ino out of the way, the only one left is Haruno."

"Uh-huh..." they all said in unison, eagerly waiting for what Hitomi has to say.

"As the new leader of Sasuke's fan club I, Hitomi Harashida, declare that its time to move on to the next mission: HARUNO EXTERMINATION....."

"So why are we here again?" Sasuke, Neji, and Shikamaru asked boredly.

"We're here because it's going to be fun and plus we're going to help those poor kids out!" The girls chorused.

The gang plus Shikamaru and Ino now had just arrived in front of Konoha Mall. Ino had told them about a children's charity club hosting this big event in hoping to earn some money for the homeless and orphans.

So naturally Hinata, Sakura, Ino, and Tenten dragged the boys out to join them. Ino had managed to drag Shikamaru with her after major pleadings. But as for them being couples, well it's not official yet. As for the others, they are gradually accepting Ino and even finds her a fun cheerful person to hang out with.

They arrived at the central fountain and they could see seventy or so people crowding around booths.

"Wow, the line sure is long." Sakura noted.

"Yeah, they sure are successful." Tenten noted after her.

"Well, we better sign up then." Neji said curtly.

They saw a big sign that said the price to enter the event and the requirements.

"Hm....ten dollars for each person to attend and people have to come in pairs. Further instructions will be given out later. The even starts at 11:00 so hurry up and sign up and help out those kids! There will be prizes for first place winners and second place winners." Naruto read out.

"W-Well it's perfect; we are already separate into pairs." Hinata calculated. Sasuke will go with Sakura. Naruto will go with her. Neji will go with Tenten, and Shikamaru can go with Ino.

"Hey isn't that Uchiha Sasuke-kun!" A girl screamed suddenly, interrupting them. Every girl stopped and stared at them with eyes that were the size of oranges.

"Not again!" Sasuke groaned.

Instantly almost every girl in the mall charged forward.

"Uh...Sasuke...." Sakura said nervously, even though her blindness was not completely healed her sight had been improving for the past weeks. Already she could see shadowy figures rushing towards them screaming Sasuke's name at the top of their lungs.