Chapter 3: Highschool Mania

Chapter Three - High School Mania

'Beep'

'Beep'

'Beeep!'

Sakura groaned and closed off the alarm clock with a slap of her palm.

"Whoever made school start this early in the morning would have a good bashing from me if he wasn't goddamn dead!" She muttered grumpily and got up to do her usual routine.

As she got out of the bathroom to change into her uniform, something suddenly caught her eye. It was a tiny bottle of perfume that her mother gave her as a birthday present last year. She never used it though but kept it anyhow, not knowing why. Analyzing it for a while, she slipped it inside her backpack and fed Yuki because she never knows when she she'll becoming back home these days. Sakura then said her goodbyes, locked her door, and set out for school.

As she arrived to school she noticed a crowd of boys at the front gate holding either a bouquet of flowers or chocolates. She saw Rock Lee among the crowd and he too was holding a box of chocolates. Smiling as she saw a familiar face, she went up to Lee and asked what's going on.

However, Lee only turned around and after recognizing it was her, he couldn't help but yell. "Sakura! Will you go out with me?"

Sakura jumped slightly, taken aback, and stared at him bewilderedly. "WHAT? UH...HELL NO?!"

Then suddenly the whole crowd went berserk after seeing her.

"SAKURA YOU'RE MY HERO!"

"GO ON A DATE WITH ME!"

"NO ME, ASSHOLE."

"SHE IS GOING OUT WITH ME NOT YOU!"

Pretty soon, the crowd of boys started arguing with each other and started fist-fighting. Sakura, seeing her chance, slipped through and ran inside madly to save her own life. W-Was that...was that my- do I have a fan club now?

She frowned at the thought and opened her locker only to scream.

Inside her locker was a giant, fat, slimy, hideous, ugly, yucky, etc. etc. - The list could go on forever. But inside her locker was a repulsive salamander on top of her books staring at her with beady eyes. She had no idea how it got there since nobody knew her locker combination.

"What the fucking hell?!" She squirmed trying to swat the salamander away but it just stayed where it was.

People stared at her in confusion and wondered if she was alright. Sakura, not wanting to make a fuss, closed her locker quickly and chuckled nervously. If the word got out, what would other people think of her? A dirty unclean freak that attracts disgusting animals? Hell no, she would absolutely not allow that.

A laugh suddenly came behind her and she immediately knew.

"You should've seen your face Haruno. Your expression...priceless!" Sasuke snickered and glared at the people staring at them. They instantly dropped their gaze and went back to their own business. They surely didn't want to get into trouble.

Her face grew red out of anger as he continued to mock. "Y-You jerk! You hacker! Get it out of my locker NOW!"

Sasuke smirked at Sakura and made no movement or action to retrieve the salamander.

"Argh...get it Uchiha!"

Still, Sasuke made no move and continued smirking. Sakura then angrily swung her locker open, went behind Sasuke, and tried pushing him. Since he was way stronger than her, her sad attempt failed.

"Fine..." She hissed, glaring at the man. "If you won't get it... Maybe it WILL COME TO YOU!"

Out of the blue, she summoned all her courage and picked up the textbook that the salamander was on and flung it towards Sasuke. Having quick reflexes, Sasuke ducked easily and the poor salamander had a second to feel what it's like to be airborne before it landed on the wall with a splat.