The Wunder Games 6

I stand in a hanger where our chariots await us.

I wear a swirling sea of green and blue, all different shades. I am the ocean.

"Ready, Olli?" Klea wears blue and green to match me.

"Yes," I smile. We walk to the chariot together where Garren and his stylist, Jasin, wait for us. Garren looks amazing in his ocean get-up. He grins at me, his eyes sparkling. I can't help but grin back.

Elaina approaches us.

"Now remember," she says, "Look happy! Look excited! And it wouldn't be a bad idea to mingle with the other tributes. Try and figure out who would make good allies." I notice Garren has his eye on the muscular boy from District Two and the unnaturally beautiful girl from One.

"Okay," I acknowledge Elaina's advice. Garren and I split up. I immediatley step over to District Twelve's chariot. The twelve year old girl stands there in a pretty, solid black dress to represent coal. Her fellow tribute wears a coal miner's outfit.

"Hello," I venture. The girl instantly backs away, eyes widened with fear. The boy jumps in front of her as if to shield her from an attack.

"Stay away from her!" he shouts but I can see he is trembling.

"Don't worry," I say, "My name is Olli. I'm from Four."

"And I'm Karine," says the girl stepping out from behind the boy who doesn't look too pleased about sharing names. But eventually he speaks up.

"And I'm Daze."

"Good to meet you both," I say reaching into my pocket. I pull out a peppermint that Elaina slipped to me earlier before we came. I hand the peppermint to Karine.

"Thanks," she whispers. I hope this might have taught them to trust me a little more. But Daze doesn't look too keen on trusting anyone but Karine. I wave bye and walk back to my own chariot where Garren stands.

"Talk to anyone?" he asks me.

"Yeah," I say, "Twelve."

"Cool," he responds, "I hung with Two and One for a little while. They seemed cool and were interested in alliances."

"What are their names?" I ask him.

"The big one from Two is Antonius," Garren says, "I personally wouldn't want him as an opponent during a battle." I bet I could beat him. Just hand me a bow and I'll knock him out before he reaches a thrity yard distance. "And the blonde from One's name is Amytheste."

"And the others?" 

"Didn't ask the boy from One's name." Garren tuggs at his sleeve. "But I think the girl from Two's name is Izzie or something. I heard Antonius call her over. She's young. A little older than you, I think. Fifteen."

"Oh." I look over in Izzie's direction. She seems to be in a verbal fight with Antonius. I don't know what about though. 

I shift my glance towards the boy from One. He has gorgeous dark hair, flashy gray-blue eyes, and his skin is paler than snow. 

I find myself playing with my braid and staring at him. That's when it hits me. With Amethyste standing right next to him, he'll never notice me. Why go for me when you have Miss Perfect sleeping next door? It makes no sense.

"Well don't just stand there!" Elaina stalks by us, "Interact! You two look ridiculous!" Garren hops out of the chariot and offers me a hand which I instantly reject. He doesn't particularly look disappointed. I hop down.

"Come visit One and Two with me!" He snatches up my hand and together we run over to their area.

"Hey, Garren!" says Amethyste right away, waving and giggled like a ten year old. "Back?"