1

I stood in front of William though I knew I could never shield him with my five feet and three inches of height. He towered over me by a good foot or so but I was a kinetic. Sure, he was physically stronger than me. Obviously, he had far more muscle than I could ever hope for but he was a typical pure blood. He had no additional power beyond being royal. I had every ounce of power in the world in the blink of my violet eyes.

"Give it up, Lilith," William said, seemingly bored by the situation.

I didn't respond. I focused on the group of royal warriors that bursted through the gold doors. Leading the group was a very attractive girl that looked at me with disgust. Her raven colored hair was cut short, to her chin, but it was still feminine and shaped her slender face perfectly. Her ice blue eyes watched me carefully, scrutinizing my appearance.

"Are you okay?" She asked William.

He didn't verbally respond so I assumed he nodded. I never took my eyes off the group in front of me. If I lost concentration, they could strike.

"Get the hell out of my way," the girl said to me.

Still, I didn't respond.

"Now." She demanded.

I welcomed the power prickling my skin. The surge I felt when I used my powers was unmatched. I have never been with a man but I assumed generating my power was probably better than sex.

The girl started to step forward; I threw a force field around William and myself stopping the girl dead in her tracks. In anger, she whipped out a gun and shot at the tangible field but her bullets fell short with every shot.

I couldn't help but smirk. I wasn't even putting any effort in. They would tremble in fear if I released my true nature on them.

I had almost forgotten about William until I felt an all too alluring set of hands on my slender hips. He pulled me against his chest but I was too shocked to actually stop him. I couldn't see him but I sure as hell felt him. He moved my silver blonde hair over my shoulder as gently as he possibly could. He leaned into my ear and softly bit the top, successfully pulling all my attention to what he was doing.

Before I realized what happened, I had a silver cuff clasped around my neck. I tried to rip it off but my power was instantly cut. I whipped around to glare at William but he just looked at me blankly. I started to panic; the cuff was painful but not unbearable. It was not full silver. If it was, it would have sliced through my skin already.

The girl wrapped her arms around William and went up on her toes to kiss him. To my horror, he didn't push her away. Granted, he didn't look entirely into it but he wasn't fighting it either. I had never felt more betrayed in my entire life. He had just said he was not letting me reject him so why the fuck was he kissing this bitch in front of me.

I couldn't even do anything about it. Even if I could, what would be the point? He made his choice and it wasn't me. He distracted me so his whore could slap this collar on me like a fucking dog then makes out with her in front of me. I lucked out by not really accepting him. Judging by this, he probably wouldn't have stayed faithful to me anyway. However, I couldn't deny how horribly it hurt to see him lavish his attention on another girl, even if she was far more attractive than me.

"Take her to the palace," the girl commanded.

"No," William contradicted, "Let her go."

"What?" The girl asked in disbelief.

"Let her go and take that off of her."

The warriors didn't hesitate at William's order. They instantly released me and unlatched the collar from my neck. In an attempt to save face, I started to leave the throne room but stopped at the doors and turned back.