Kinetic

It's here! This is not a full chapter! it's just the introduction! I hope you enjoy this story because I think it's going to be fun to write!

I sat in the throne room waiting to dish out more punishments for the prisoners. I was bored with the death sentences and lives of servitude; at this point, it was far too common. The vampires my army captured were of the royal army and it wasn't that I was not pleased with how many soldiers we took but I had been at this for hours. I was tired and I wanted to rest but I couldn't show weakness in front of them. Hell, I was a female ruler and in a world so male dominated I had to be tough.

"What's next?" I asked, my voice void of any emotion.

"The crowned prince William," my advisor, Edward, said.

Well this should be interesting. Honestly, capturing William was pure luck. We never would have gotten to him if he hadn't been trying to protect his men. If he had never showed his face in the battle, we never would have found him.

"Bring him in," I said.

Two guards ushered the prince in the room and I damn near fell out of my seat. This couldn't be right. I hadn't seen his face yet but I knew. I knew he was my mate and I had to make a quick decision. Do I stand my ground and put him to death because of who he is politically or do I protect him? I never wanted to find my mate. I wanted to rule the kinetics alone. I wanted to show my father I didn't need a man by my side to rule and now I was thrown for a loop. I felt like throwing my hands in the air and screaming out 'plot twist' at this interesting curve ball life had thrown me.

But I didn't say anything. I just stared at him. I examined his features carefully. He was visually perfect and it almost pissed me off. Why couldn't he have a deformity? At least then I wouldn't be so damn attracted to him.

His short, golden hair was tousled and messy from the fight but I had a feeling he wore it messy regardless. He was tall and built like most pure bloods; over six feet with muscles so thick and defined I could probably cut diamonds on him. His face was so perfectly chiseled he looked like a fallen Greek god. There was something about him though. I couldn't quite put my finger on it but something told me he wasn't nearly as angelic as he looked. His blonde hair and piercing emerald eyes could suck any woman in but I felt there was more there.

He looked at me but concealed his surprise, or disappointment, well. He clearly knew I was his mate. How could he not? If I felt it the second he entered the room, he had to have known before that. Males were always more perceptive when it came to mates and with his ancient lineage, he was more perceptive than most. I mean, I knew I wasn't the most attractive girl on the planet but I wasn't ugly. Still, he could have anyone he wanted and that was a serious blow to my self-esteem, especially when he didn't give any sort of acknowledgment that he knew we were mates.

"Great," he muttered.

Even though he was being a dick, his voice still sent a pleasing shiver down my spine; it was deep, husky, and sensual all without him even trying.

I didn't respond and the entire room fell silent at his single word. They knew I had a temper and I would have already put him to death myself. They couldn't figure out why I wouldn't have dealt a punishment yet.

"Are you going to deliver or just sit and stare?" He asked in a clipped tone.

Finally, my brain decided to kick into gear.

"That's all you have to say, Your Highness," I greeted sarcastically.

Only his eyebrow raised in acknowledgment of my mocking tone. Obviously, he was a stubborn man but he would quickly discover I could be a very stubborn girl.