P2: Chapter 3♡♥♡

The phone was loud enough for Louis to hear and at the mention of my brother, he immediately jumped up right by my side. His arm came around my shoulder and he looked into my eyes.

"I'll be there soon," I told Melissa and I hung up.

"Louis, I have to go there-"

"No!" His tone was just as frantic as Melissa's had been and his eyes were wide blue orbs. "Saby... Saby he's crazy! I won't let you go!"

I shook my head and bit my lip to stop from breaking down. "Louis, he could be hurting my friends and it might be my fault!"

"No, it's not your fault. You've only been trying to live a normal life. Why should that make you guilty?"

"You need to take me back there."

"I can't..." he paused to lick his lips. "I can't do that."

I looked at him through desperate eyes. "Please. I love you, please help me."

He stroked my cheek with his thumb, his eyes reminding me of piles of shattered ice. "If I do this- if I take you back- I am not letting you out of my sight. Okay?"

I agreed. There was no longer any color in the sky, the clouds cutting open to reveal brightly shining stars. We hurried back to the motorcycle, Louis pulling me along the entire way with my hand in his. My heart was thumping hard in my chest as we rode back to Melissa's house. Only a few cars remained, one of them being Melissa's and two others that I didn't recognize.

Louis pulled up to the curb and we crouched down to jump through the basement window when we reached the house. Everything was eerily quiet, until a loud, outraged voice pierced the silent night.

Louis looked at me. "We should call the police. I don't want you to get hurt."

I nodded. "Okay. You call, I'll go up there and see what's going on."

His eyes bore into mine. "Please be careful. I'll be right behind you, I promise."

He gave me one last kiss and I slowly ascended the stairs. I could hear Melissa shouting back, threatening to call the police as Louis was doing so that very second. I reached the top steps and peered around the corner. Steven was facing Melissa, who was backed up against the wall. About ten people were still in the room, some of them heading toward the door as fast as they could without making a commotion.

Steven had his long black hair pulled back in a ponytail. He was a little on the chubby side, and he had a rugged beard growing in patches, unevenly. He looked dreadful...

"SHE'S MY SISTER!" He growled. "SHE DOES WHAT I TELL HER!"

Melissa was shaking and her face was extremely pale. I took a brave step into view and Melissa spotted me, her eyes wide. Steven noticed, and he turned around. His face was bright tomato red and his lips were pursed in a thin white line.

"Where have you been?" His pupils were also very dilated, making me wonder what kind of drugs he'd been doing previously.

"Steven," I began in an even tone. "You need to leave."

He snorted. "And... what makes you think I'm going to listen to you?"

He then began shouting accusations at me, containing foul words that I wish not to repeat.

"Steven, listen to me." I took a step closer and heard a small creak coming from the steps, reassuring me that Louis was right there.

My brother continued to mouth off at me and that's when Louis grabbed hold of my hand and came all the way up the stairs to stand by my side. "You don't talk to her like that," he said in a warning tone. A girl on the other side of the room gasped when she saw Louis but her friends stopped her before she could run over and tackle him.

Steven laughed at him. "Yea? And who are you? What, you want a fight? Is that it?"

And Louis laughed right back at him. "No, that's clearly what you want, bro. Now how about you leave."

"No," Steven said. He looked shakey as he stared at the two of us. "I don't like your attitude, 'bro.'"

He took a couple steps closer to me and I could smell the alcohol on his breath. "Come on, you worthless girl. Can't you stand up for yourself? Can't you? Huh?"

I merely looked at him. "I really think-"

Before I could finish my sentence, he slapped me across the face, leaving me sprawling against the floor. A split second after, Louis balled up his fist and punched him in the face. They started shouting, but all I could hear were the sirens coming from outside. A couple more punches were thrown, and then Louis lost his balance when Steven kicked his bad knee and fell to the ground.

I watched in pure horror as Steven pulled a knife from his pocket and pushed by Louis to get to me. His footsteps sounded like thunder and his breathing was rapid. Just as he raised his hand, blade tilted towards me, I saw Louis get back up. He wouldn't do it... I knew he wouldn't.

It was like I was watching everything from another person's point of view. I saw the sharp blade coming down, and then Louis making eye contact with me just as he leaped effortlessly onto Steven's back. Surprised, Steven's hand came around and the blade collided with Louis's shoulder. A couple policemen charged through the door just as Louis fell to the floor beside me, his face contorted in pain. Blood covered the front of his shirt and somehow he managed to keep his eyes open to look at me. He suddenly appeared calm, gathering himself together.

I scooted over, my mind buzzing and my hands shaking. I grabbed onto his hand as I heard handcuffs zip on in the background. A tear slipped from my eye and landed on his cheek. I couldn't believe what was happening. Would he be okay? I literally just got him back, he couldn't leave me so soon.

His smile was really strained, but nevertheless, it was there. "I really liked this shirt," he pouted. And somehow, I laughed, through my now cascading tears.