Chapter 21 :)

*Sorry it took so long guys, but here it is! Chapter 21! Hopefully it won't be as boring as the last one (don't lie, you know you were bored) ;)

Also, please check out my Zayn fan fiction, it's called "It's In His DNA" and I hope you like it(: if you read it...

-Ellie(: xx

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

I leaped from the last bus step, everyone watching and whispering as I turned my head. Melissa skipped gleefully along up the walkway to her house and beckoned for me to come in. I stepped through the door and instantly fell in love with her house. Paintings were strewn along the walls and a fancy fireplace added a lovely and home-y touch to the living room displayed in front of me. A wooden spiral staircase led to the ceiling where you could see a small indoor balcony and a dark walnut door. Everywhere you turned your head there was something creative or beautiful, something worth staring at. There was one painting in particular of a red sunset bleeding into the surface of the ocean like fire and water combined into one, which I loved the most. The sandy beach was dappled with extravagant seashells and smoothed, worn down stones and driftwood. A tiny silhouette of a seagull just visible in the glowing sky, was soaring above the calm waves.

"Who did all these?" I asked.

"My stepmother, Narissa. She has very talented hands. Speaking of her, I think she's coming downstairs now so act natural."

The door opened at the top of the wooden staircase and a tall brunette woman with curly hair and probably in her late thirties emerged with paint covered hands a smudge of bright yellow on her cheek. She smiled brightly. "Mel, who's this?"

Clearing her throat, she replied, "this is Saby Callway. Louis was dating her? You know, a One Direction boy?"

Narissa rolled her eyes, still descending the stairs. "Of course it's about One Direction. Anyway," she extended her hand to me when she reached the bottom, "it's nice to meet you, Saby... Is that short for something?"

I nodded, still distracted by the gloriously painted masterpieces. "Yep. My full name is Sabrina Jane Callway."

Melissa widened her eyes. "Jane?! Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh!!!" She squealed and jumped up and down. I looked at Narissa questioningly and she mouthed the words "One Direction."

"Well," she said. "I'll let you two girls get to it. Do you want a snack? Apple? Smoothie? Popcicle?"

"Smoothies!" Melissa and I said simultaneously. We giggled and Melissa showed me to the basement, a door at the top of the cement steps and beads hanging from the frame at the bottom. "This is where I usually hang out. I like my room and all, but I mostly use that to put all my junk that I don't need in."

"Jeff's house doesn't have one room for junk, the whole place is a dump. I hate it there."

She frowned, eyebrows creasing in concern. "You don't deserve that at all. You know, I think you were meant to meet Louis. He saved your life, and I can already see how different you are." I smiled brightly and she said, "like that. I've never seen you, or many others for that matter, smile like that. It's amazing."

"It sure is."

She dove down on a spare bed and fumbled around for the remote. "Do you want to watch some TV? I heard Despicable Me is on tonight."

"Despicable Me? What is that?"

Her mouth dropped. "It's only the best movie of all time! Come sit!"