Chapter 24 :)

"Saby," his voice carried softly through the room and my eyes slowly opened. I was sitting on the bed in Melissa's basement, with Louis sitting beside me as I rubbed the sleep from my eyes. His hair was slightly messy, but at the same time, flawless. His cheeks had a soft glow and his irresistible eyes were brimming with delight. Had he forgiven me so soon? Was he back for me?!

"Louis?" I asked. He broke into a mischievous grin, melting my heart. Although his words were distant and hard to hear, I relished every syllable. I couldn't believe it! He WAS here! My heart jumped in excitement and I reached out with welcoming arms to embrace him. I brought my arms tightly around him but it was like touching air; my fingertips went through his torso, unfeeling. His eyes stared blankly ahead and I was losing my balance...

The sweet smell of strawberries greeted my nose as I awoke next to a snoring Melissa. I saw my phone on the nightstand lighting up with 'New Message' flashing across the screen.

I was waving my arms around like windmills, in realization that I had been dreaming and Louis wasn't here and I was surely about to fall off the bed. I always had been a sleepwalker and I couldn't break the habit.

I came toppling down, comforter, sheets, pillows and all. Luckily, my fall was cushioned because of all the blankets. It was pitch black under everything and I fought my way to the surface, thankful to hear Melissa still sleeping. My hair felt tousled in every way possible and my feelings mixed. Stupid dream. I sighed, sitting in the midst of a mound of warm fuzz. I could easily get used to a bed full of things like this. My eyes shot back to my phone and I lazily snatched it from the table. I punched in the passcode, which was a series of random numbers, and checked my voicemail.

"Hey, Saby, it's Harry."

My heart did a cartwheel.

"I was, uh, just calling to, like, check on you. Hope you're doing alright. I'll, erm, try again later."

I held the phone to my ear for a second and then threw it against the floor and cursed. Then I cursed again, realizing that I could've just killed my phone. Immediately, I picked it back up to check for any damage, but it appeared unscathed.

Now, Melissa was awake. She looked around groggily, hair tangled and mouth stretched out in a yawn.

"Morning," she said. She took a better look at my furious expression, squinting hard, and scrunched her eyebrows. "What's up?"

"Harry called."

Her eyes widened and she no longer looked tired. "Oh my God... not... Harry Styles?! But," she began, "why is that a bad thing?"

I sighed. "Because it was Harry. Asking if I was okay. Not Louis. And this is HIS fault."

"Well..." she scratched her head. "Louis will come around and... wait... they have your number?!"

I nodded slowly. Oops. "Yea... I might also... uh... have theirs too."

Her mouth dropped. "And you didn't tell me? Saby, do you know what this means?!" Surprisingly enough, she was grinning like she was happy about it. "Saby, we should call them. I mean... maybe I should. Actually no, I'm sorry. That was rude."

I hung my head back. "Which one? Niall? Liam?"

She considered this and then said, "Zayn?"

That had been just what I was hoping for. Zayn wouldn't tell any of the others if I asked him not to. "Okay. Fine."

I punched in the numbers and lifted the phone nonchalantly to my ear. After two rings, Zayn's sleepy voice answered with an affable "hello?"

"Hey, Zayn," I said, winking at Melissa. "It's Saby."