Chapter 14 :)

I pressed myself up against the wall. I couldn't breathe. My vision blurred. Was Liam the only one who knew? Harry had seemed so optimistic! He couldn't have known.

My eyes were swimming and I tiptoed back to my room and threw myself over my bed. I brought my pillow up to my face and sobbed. Leaving? In two days? How could he be going so early? And not tell me! I felt like an outsider, like I didn't even know the actual Louis. He had betrayed me...

"Saby!" I heard Harry whisper and knock on my door. I ignored him, but he didn't leave. He opened the door in nothing but boxers and a T-shirt.

I laughed through my tears and said, "Harry I told you to put on some clothes!"

He looked down at himself. "But these ARE clothes. See? They are made from clothing? Now what did you hear?"

I took a breath and wondered if Louis could hear me crying. And suddenly, I couldn't control my actions. I leapt from the bed and marched into the room where Louis had been talking with Liam. He looked up in surprise, probably wondering why I was red-faced and exasperated. Tears welled up in my eyes but I refused to let them fall.

"Saby," Louis said, standing up. "I thought you were-"

"Going to bed? No. Actually, I got a little distracted by something you said."

"Sabrina, you don't understand-"

"For the last time my name is Saby! And I don't know how you can even talk to me!" He took a friendly step towards me, and without meaning to, I shoved him away. He stumbled slightly, but stayed on his feet. I continued to shout. "So that's it! You're just going to leave? And you never even told me! And you know what? The sad part is it barely even hurts! I have been through so much already that I pretty much KNEW this would happen! Good things never happened to me, and suddenly you were here! I thought maybe if there are other guys like you that maybe I might have a chance at life! But you're just like the rest. You lie, you cheat, and you NEVER actually love girls like me."

"Are you crazy?!" He shouted.

The room went silent. Niall and Zayn were staring at me, confused and groggy-eyed. Louis' face was red and his chest moved up and down rapidly. If a pin dropped on the other side of the world, I swear I would've been able to hear it. Harry and Liam stared at us in disbelief, probably wondering how such a good night was turning out to be one of the worst in history.

I glared back at him and spoke quietly. "I may be crazy, Louis. But I guarantee you that I'm not crazy enough to keep on loving you. I'm done."

His expression looked hurt, and somehow it made me smile. I walked back to my room to gather my things and he followed.

"Saby, I love you."

"Yea I sure as hell can see that now!"

"Please," he said. His tone was desperate. "We can work this out. I will do whatever it takes not to leave you."

I stuffed a couple things into a plastic bag and straightened up, looking him full in the face. "Yea Louis? And what happens after that?"

"I don't know!"

My face was burning so much I felt feverish. I eyed him up and down, furious with the world. Quietly, I spoke.

"Why didn't you tell me..."

He awkwardly raked his fingers through his hair and licked his lips, breathless. "I thought I could avoid it."

"And why," I started to say, inching closer to him, "do you have to go?"

He bit his lip. "I just don't belong here."

"Why not?"

"It's not my kind of place. I need to be home."