P2: Chapter 7 ♡♥♡

"I have to tell you something,"Niall said as he cut into his 5 stack pancakes.

We had gotten breakfast at Denny's and I was so nervous to see Louis. Only half an hour and I'd be with him again. I didn't want to lose him after this ever again. He is my other half and without each other, we are nothing.

Anyway, I have to admit, Niall was scaring me. He seemed a little distant as he gazed at me while we talked and I had a slight clue as to how he felt.

Of course I had a twinge of feelings earlier in the elevator, but I was half asleep and now I was laughing at myself for even considering him.

Yes, Niall is sweet, adorable, funny, and has a lot going for him. But I think we all know who I belong with...

My stomach did a nervous twist. I have always hated it when someone says that because I always think of the worst possible scenario. Oh God... he doesn't love me, does he? Of course I don't love him back. Louis is my life and it's going to stay that way. But... oh gosh, what is it?

"Yea?" I asked him, nonchalantly. If people could read minds...

"Well, I needed to tell someone this because I can't possibly hold it back anymore."

He was moving his leg up and down rapidly and tapping his long fingers on the table in front of me.

"What is it?"

He took a huge breath in and whistled as he exhaled. "I think I'm..."

"You're what?" I was becoming more impatient and nervous by the second.

"I'm in love with someone."

There it was. Oh God, it's me, isn't it?

"And," he continued, "she's in love with someone else that I'm good friends with."

"Niall, stop."

He creased an eyebrow. "Why? I'm sorry, am I making you uncomfortable?"

Somehow I managed a laugh. "Well, how can't I be uncomfortable right now. I mean, do you really?"

"Do I what?"

"Love me!"

His face turned bright red and I thought I had been too harsh on him. I slapped my forehead and put my head on the table. "Niall, I'm-"

And then, suddenly, he was laughing. I looked up at him in astonishment. "Why are you..?"

But he just shook his head and kept laughing. "Oh, Saby, I think you misunderstood. I mean, I obviously love you as a friend, but not like that." He wiped his mouth with a napkin. "Sorry, this is awkward."

I burst out in laughter as well at that point. It wasn't me. Thank God.

"But wait," I said, remembering his soft, gentle hand on my back. "Why are you so... touchy then?"

He finally composed himself and looked into my eyes. "I guess I'm just used to treating our fans that way. I'm sorry, though. Here, let's just forget about this whole conversation, okay?"

I nodded. But I guess I should have asked him who he was in love with, because a second later, he just started to sob.

"Oh," I said, surprised. I really was not expecting that. "Oh my gosh, are you... are you okay?"

He shook his head. "Her name is Holly. She was my first love. It's been almost four years since we broke up and it was all because of my fame. I screwed up. I have always loved her." His eyes looked down and a faint smile danced on his lips. "Loved her smile. Her hair. Her personality," he paused, "love her more than fame. And now she's with someone else. And Saby? I don't like crowds. I'm claustrophobic. Crowds come with fame. Therefore I don't want it. I want to be a nobody again because at least I'd be a nobody with her. At least I'd be happy and with her. Oh, God, I wish it was easier."

My mouth had dropped open by the time he was done talking. He rolled his head from side to side on the table and ran his hands over his hair.

A couple beside us started staring and I glared at them and leaned in closer. He smelled like maple syrup and fresh clothes. "Keep going," I said. "I'm listening."

"Don't you understand?"

I nodded vigorously and touched his arm. "I do," I sighed. "Love is weird. But you can't give up on it. When did you talk to her last?"

He looked up and sniffled a little. "It's been a couple weeks. She doesn't want to talk to me because  I have this power over her, as she says. She doesn't want to love me which is the worst part because we are in undeniably in love. And I can't do a thing about it. Unless..."

I squeezed my eyes shut. I knew where he was going with this and it made me sad. I didn't know who Holly was, but to make Niall like this, she must be amazing. "Niall-"

"Well, what other choice do I have?! I'm broken and nobody can see. Nobody but her. I'm nothing without her and I can't do this anymore."

Then I was confused. "What are you saying?"

He took a deep breath and slowly exhaled again. "The only way I can be with her, is if..."

"Yea? If what?"

He pursed his lips. "If I quit the band."

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

***Hello, my lovely readers♡ I want you all to know that I'm trying very hard to keep writing this fan fiction and I have an entire week off from school so I should be able to update a lot more.

Thank you all for your patience♡ I love you